Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley forum ready to make a difference

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4026845.Valley_forum_ready_to_make_a_difference/

Comments

• Options
    Nice comment in there bascially admitting that we are breaking the law...
  • Options
    Lol,

Well thats a weight off my mind, here we are bottom of the table, crap manager, team full of old injured loan players, talk of administration and relegation staring us in the face but............................the new fans forum are in close discussion with the club about the catering, smoking and Charlton TV.

I see the forum rep mentions that they are a "Group of Committed" supporters, the way the season is going we will all be bloody committed, (enter men in white coats)

"They are coming to take me away ho ho"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Nice comment in there bascially admitting that we are breaking the law...

????
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Lol,

Well thats a weight off my mind, here we are bottom of the table, crap manager, team full of old injured loan players, talk of administration and relegation staring us in the face but............................the new fans forum are in close discussion with the club about the catering, smoking and Charlton TV.

I see the forum rep mentions that they are a "Group of Committed" supporters, the way the season is going we will all be bloody committed, (enter men in white coats)

"They are coming to take me away ho ho"

I wish someone would
  • Options
    and thats y people might not believe in this forum,smoking catering and cafc tv.I just want 3 points.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2009
    My take on it all thats all Henry that people are still smoking in The Valley. I'm in a nitpicking mood thats all!
  • Options
    We are not permitted to talk about team affairs, management, or tactics, but any other CAFC subject can be brought up.

So any Charlton Athletic Football Club topic, other than football? Vive le difference.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]and thats y people might not believe in this forum,smoking catering and cafc tv.I just want 3 points.

OK, that's a far point but only if you never have a moan on here about any other aspect of the club.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]My take on it all thats all Henry that people are still smoking in The Valley.

or it could be that fans are unhappy cos the smoking ban is being enforced.

Not my problem any more so Dave or Sacha can answer that or we can wait for the minutes to come out.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think it's important that you bear with us in the early days of the Fans' Forum. Yes, the current situation on the field is dominating all of our thoughts - and rightly so. But remember that the stated remit of the Forum does not include "on-pitch football matters". Clearly it should not be the fans' decision as to who plays right back. We are not Ebbsfleet United after all.

However ............... we have been able to bring the overwhelming concerns of the fans to the Board's attention, and it may reassure you to know that I am currently waiting on the approval from Steve Waggott to publicise an e-mail exchange I had with him over the holiday period. This will provide some insight into the topics we are discussing, and how issues around catering, smoking etc pale into insignificance when compared against the current state on the playing side.

Amongst other things, we have called for a 'statement of intent' from the Board in terms of the strategy for dealing with the relegation battle, and the proposed 'buying/selling' policy which will prevail during the current window and beyond. The next meeting of the Fans' Forum with the Board is likely to be highly focussed and will deal with these aspects in particular. In view of the recent financial revelations (the Mail on Sunday article, and today's figures), doubtless we will now add 'financial strategy' to that agenda.

In the absence of being able to publicise some of these more sensitive discussions, the Forum has been accused recently of going a little cold. This is understandable, but far from the truth and, as the News Shopper article indicates, we are developing links with the branches of the Supporters Club and will be providing a dedicated website for communication in the very near future.

Please be assured that, despite the stated remit of the Fans' Forum, we have been able to bring your strength of feeling regarding football matters to the table, and will continue to do so. Remember, though, that the Forum is not about Youga versus Basey or Moo2 versus Murty. But it can be about harnessing all of our energies, whether that be on the field, in the Boardroom, and from your seat in whichever stand you sit, to help get us out of this horrible, horrible mess.

Trust me - that is what all of us want.
  • Options
    That's all good to hear and I like the way you talk, Dave R. Keep up the good work...
  • Options
    Why have no minutes been published of the first meeting?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The truth of the matter is that we have yet to negotiate a place to publish the Official Minutes (which were prepared within a few days of the meeting) on the Official website. On the strength of that, in the last couple of days, I have established a dedicated website for the Fans' Forum and this should be up and running by the weekend (curse my day job!).

In the meantime, you can find the personal summary of the meeting which I prepared by going to Your Views on the Official website (Feedback from last night's Fans' Forum meeting - 3 Dec 08). I posted it here on Charlton Life too, but can't remember which thread.

Sorry about this - we were hoping to get some webspace on the Official site and held off from doing our own thing on the strength of that, but only this week discovered that it was proving difficult for the Club to arrange - hence that triggered our own efforts.