Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forrest

Is this one of the biggest games in our history? win and were back int he fight, lose and surly were dead and burried. or is it too early to talk like this. Forrest are going to be buzzing, Davies will have a point to prove over the muck up we made with him. This is going to be a huge match. we all need to be there singing our hearts out and saying prayers. Can we do it?? the run has to end at some point so will it be this saturday??

Comments

• Options
    I've heard about the run ending at some point on this message board for the last 2 months or so.

I'm not sure the run will end this season.
  • Options
    we are ADRIFT at the bottom of the league because we are a poor team. If Parky had some balls he would have gone for the win against Norwich to regain some confidence he didnt ---------- he played 1 up front and HOPED to get a result. Forest went to Man City and went for it (like us nothing to loose) they won and their confidence is sky high. They (like EVERY team) will come to The Valley to win. They all see us as a little frightend puppy.
  • Options
    a draw is the best we will get imo. With Forest having won the last two away scoring 5 and conceding 0 and undefeated in I think 7 away's we are really up against it. Add in wanting to impress a new manager .....
  • Options
    We'll get torn to shreds on Saturday. Forest will be pushing mid-table by the end of Feb with relegation battle a distant memory, highlighting the benefits of bringing in a new broom with a decent managerial pedigree instead of sticking with an inept failure who seems determined to replace any promising talent in our squad with aging has-beens.
  • Options
    It's going to be really, really tough, but is make or break, I think, which is why we booked our flights last night.

The Weegies will be there...so I do hope the match isn't frozen off!

And if we're making the effort, then the team had better do so too - for 90+ minutes for a change!
  • Options
    Weegie - arent you a jinx when you book flights - the match always gets changed?!

if it does i will hold you responsible!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Weegie - arent you a jinx when you book flights - the match always gets changed?!

if it does i will hold you responsible!!!

That was last year, B. All different in 2009... ;-)
  • Options
    A win is a must, we have to go for it. No sitting back and waiting to see what happens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]A win is a must, we have to go for it. No sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

Mmmm - bet we play 4-5-1 with Burton the "1" and Jonjo returned to the bench.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]A win is a must, we have to go for it. No sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

No, we'll be playing four up front - if that works for the reserves tonight ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

No, we'll be playing four up front - if that works for the reserves tonight ;-)

That's complete nonsense as it would mean that Dickson would have started a game.
  • Options
    isn't it Forest, rather than Forrest?
  • Options
    I'm not looking forward to seeing Hudson or Holland up against Tyson's pace.
  • Options
    Last game like this Westham at home? 4-0. Here hoping! I have already got my tickets for Wednesday away could see the next two wins!.....well could see something
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you... ;-)
  • Options
    The last game like this was West Ham, but it was pretty much down hill all the way after that!
    Similar sort of situation last season when we beat Palace in February, and it was them that finished the season strongly.

Draw or lose on Saturday and it isn't all over, but a win will ultimately only mean something if it's the start of a better run of results.
  • Options
    I work with a couple of Forest fans up here in the frozen north,
    i,m sorry to say they expect to roll us over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]isn't it Forest, rather than Forrest?

Yeah and they don't like being called Notts either, it's Nott'm or Nottingham Forest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite] Forest went to Man City and went for it (like us nothing to loose) they won and their confidence is sky high.

Not meaning to take credit away from Forest - but they scored 2 quick goals within a few minutes, shortly before halftime, that changed the whole shape of the game. Then killed the game on the break aster a defensive error late on. Man City missed a hatful of chances and Forest took theirs.

They certainly got the breaks for each of their 3 goals, as you can see below:

"Forest took the lead when a defensive error by Micah Richards allowed Nathan Tyson to unleash an unstoppable dipping volley from 20 yards.

Robert Earnshaw then doubled Forest's advantage when the Welshman turned home Matt Thornhill's misdirected shot.

Joe Garner made sure of the win after a sloppy bit of play from Didi Hamann. "

A win creates self-belief and confidence grows high. So Forest certainly will fancy their chances against us.
  • Options
    Sorry, I think we will lose to Forest. And Shef Wed.

But wait. It gets better. Obama's inauguration is on Jan 20. And as he's going to save the world, I think it's not too much to ask that he saves us,too. So the unbeaten run that will take us to midtable safety begins with the Palace game!

Can you better that one, Oggster? !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]We'll get torn to shreds on Saturday. Forest will be pushing mid-table by the end of Feb with relegation battle a distant memory, highlighting the benefits of bringing in a new broom with a decent managerial pedigree instead of sticking with an inept failure who seems determined to replace any promising talent in our squad with aging has-beens.

Errrm thanks for that MrLargo...come back soon.
  • Options
    Some might think I'm joking but I think our best bet is to take the covers off the pitch and get the game called off.
    Then they can come down mid-week with less than half the support and we may have a better squad to select from (injuries, suspension's new signing?). I don't think we have a prayer if we play them on Saturday sadly.
  • Options
    But we've already printed the programmes and ordered the onions for the hot dogs ..........

Match day revenue is far more important than 3 points.

;o)
  • Options
    Stone mate run for the hills fella i think its Curb-Its "do" this Saturday if it gets iced off she will be in head lock mode !!

Do the bars at The Valley stay open during the game ? feel that after about 10 mins it will be all over against Forest so retire to the bar at 3.11 PM.
  • Options
    i have a Plan B just in case. Always prepare for the worse me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i have a Plan B just in case. Always prepare for the worse me.

As any longstanding Charlton supporter would do .......

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Sorry, I think we will lose to Forest. And Shef Wed.

But wait. It gets better. Obama's inauguration is on Jan 20. And as he's going to save the world, I think it's not too much to ask that he saves us,too. So the unbeaten run that will take us to midtable safety begins with the Palace game!

Can you better that one, Oggster? !!!

Like the thinking, Nigel, but you're overlooking the fact that Obama is Wet Spam through and through so unlikely to want to save lil old Charlton... :-(