Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Role Call - Boring old farts on New Years Eve - Who's not going out??

BDLBDL
edited December 2008 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Well me, Mrs BDL and BDL Jnr are all staying in to see the new year in. BDL Junior Jnr is currently tucked up in bed snoring his head off!

Comments

• shall be seeing in new year with the future Mrs Buckshee round at a couple of mates , just the four of us nice and quiet.

then heading off to matter at the 02 around 1am
  • will be popping in to my neighbours for a few bevvies and be home about 0030 i hate new years eve
  • The walls are vibrating with the Latino style celebrations of the neighbours, the little one is asleep upstairs and the wife and her friend are re-living old times very animatedly and in a language I do not understand. In the meantime I take refuge in front of the laptop.

I'm too young for this!

Happy new year to addicks everywhere; here's to a better 2009 and the hope that we can turn it around.
  • what I hate is when you're out and loads of randoms you don't know come up to you wishing you happy new year. Told the missus if we were out on the stroke of midnight I was gonna lock meself in a toilet cubicle for half hour to avoid this
  • Am staying in - catching up on another exciting days worth of posts on CharltonLife!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Am staying in - catching up on another exciting days worth of posts on CharltonLife!

God ain't we sad! ;)

Anyway, wherever you are, whatever you end up doing, let's hope for a peaceful 2009 and a lot more luck in SE7.
  • Home and miserable. Gonna stick a film on.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Home and miserable. Gonna stick a film on.

Make sure it's something cheerful - like Nil By Mouth!!!
  • Settled on Armegeddon :-)
  • Go out? What and miss the real action on Charlton Life. I wouldn't miss this for the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• attaboy Stig, that's the kind of loyalty we need !
  • or perhaps the level of sadness!
  • Quiet night in catching up on the telly I've been taping over the past few weeks, a takeaway curry, and Jools Holland in the run up to midnight. Not very exciting, but it'll do me.
  • At home with the wife and the Baby (and its siblings who are in bed), 8 days old, he is great.
  • christ, i didn't even get to watch a film.... :-(
  • AFKA: how come?
  • I'm in too guys, actualy watching "meet the fockers" THINK I NEED ANOTHER BEER
  • At home trying desparately to get the kids off to sleep !! My days in fountains at Trafalgar Square are over I'm afraid.....:o(
  • Similar to your situation there Pickwick, am at home here in the desert with the wife and 10 day old baby...its been some Christmas/NY even though the locals dont celebrate it.

Congrats on the little one.
  • Staying in, maybe a film, but nothing too exciting. The thought of going out all night has lost all appeal.

Happy New Year To All!
  • Sponsored links:

• Had dinner, nice bottle of wine... now trying to persuade the wife to have a game of cribbage with me. She doesn't seem very excited by the prospect, for some reason...can't imagine why. It's a fantastic antique crib board, with some lovely marquetry inlay, made by French prisoners in the Napoleonic wars...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Had dinner, nice bottle of wine... now trying to persuade the wife to have a game of cribbage with me. She doesn't seem very excited by the prospect, for some reason...can't imagine why. It's a fantastic antique crib board, with some lovely marquetry inlay, made by French prisoners in the Napoleonic wars...[/quote]

sod that, try and tempt her with a game of subutteo
  • Yeah, I've gven up on persuading her to play crib, Ads, and am now reading Jimmy Seed's 1947 book, Soccer From The Inside, instead. In fact, I've just started a thread about it !!!
  • Nigel, read and agree with all your other posts today re: you know what, and like yourself Mrs.M and I are relaxing after the excitements of the day. Mrs.M is just starting the 2nd bottle of Tesco's Chateaux Neuf De Crap whilst knitting me a new CAFC scarf with ' Parky out today' knitted in to it (a meteorological term) whilst I am watching a 'Trams of London' video and leafing through the latest Local Government Chronical. The crib board sounds interesting: isn't it marvellous what those Frenchies could knock up with a few boxes of matches? Could be worth a couple of bob.Happy N.Y to you and all others at home tonight, must go: time for another Talisker!
  • Ah, how I'd love a game of crib right now. No-one in our house is interested. Fifteen two, fifteen four.... ahhh.
  • God isn't TV awful - thank god for alcohol, knda blurs it all a bit - Happy christmas everyone
  • It does blur things, doesn't it , BDL? Christmas was last week, mate !

Enjoy your Talisker, March. I'm going for a Glenmorangie myself...

Exacly one hour left of Charlton's annus horibilis. Here's to a happier new year, everyone... daren't think about where we might be this time 12 months hence. Top of division one? At least we'd have something to cheer about !!!
  • stayed in on a Wii fest with Ledge junior and wife .

ledge junior junior tucked up by 7.30 didn't even drink that much either 3 bottles of beer all night
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]stayed in on a Wii fest with Ledge junior and wife .

ledge junior junior tucked up by 7.30 didn't even drink that much either 3 bottles of beer all night

Ledge junior is a lightweight then..