Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should we have kept Pardew on ?

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
at least we'd have an extra 1.5m to spunk up the wall now !!

Comments

• Options
    and maybe a few more points !!!!
  • Options
    and we/you'd still be moaning
  • Options
    You both wanted Pardew out!

You can't backtrack now!
  • Options
    I did actually think yesterday that Pardew probably would have got more points on the board than Parky has.

Still Pardew had to go. Just a shame Parky didn't go with him at the time.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    No. Pardew was totally hopeless by the end and may have got less points than Parky. Still does not make it the right decision today though.
  • Options
    By the end Pardew was like a rabbit in the headlights standing by that dugout with his arms folded. He had run out of ideas and his post match comments were ever more bizarre.

Parky may or may not prove to be the right man but I prefer him to Pardew even now and I speak as somebody who was pleased when Pardew was appointed.
  • Options
    maybe we should have kept lennie on
  • Options
    And the Gliksten's :-)
  • Options
    No we shouldn't have. Was right to get rid of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've resisted even thinking about this one in the three hours since Large started the thread. It's one of those elephant in the corner questions you really want to go away because the consequences of it are too scary to contemplate, for clearly there is an argument that if we were going to limp on wth Pardew's deputy, we might as well have kept the organ grinder and saved 1.5 million.

I know, however, that It was vital to get rid of Pardew (and indeed it should have been done earlier) . Partly because of what Len says , partly because he'd only have wasted whatever money he was given to spend in January - but above all because we simply could not have continued with a man who was the biggest disaster to befall Charlton since Michael Glikstein (whose name has cropped up here quite a bit in recent days). And yes, I'm including Dowie in that.

The sad thing is that an opportunity was missed for despite getting rid of Pardew, we have not moved forward.
  • Options
    Crazy to even think about it. Go back and watch his pre-match press conference on CAFCTV before the Sheffield United game, he was totally gone emotionally and physically and was just going through the motions. He really was a broken man, he had done his best and thrown the kitchen sink at the job but things just kept on getting worse and worse. It happens, that's football.

No way Pardew would have done better than Parky, probably the same or maybe a bit worse.
  • Options
    Nope. We haven't played as badly since irrespective of results. We were going down under Pardew whether he stayed or not. To balance up the decision to get rid of him for £1.6m or whatever ludicrous amount his pay-off was, we should have been prepared to fork out for a replacement. The fact that they haven't tells you all you need to know about the future under this Board of Directors. Watch for us make money on transfer dealings in January. Before the month's out, I can see Chris Dickson being brought in from the cold because the third division's more his level and he's the right price bracket for the future.
  • Options
    No, we might not have the points but the play has been a little better (at home at least).
  • Options
    no , no , he was shite said it the day he was appointed.
  • Options
    I bet the vain cock is laying on a beach somewhere in his speedos look at his bank balance
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    no. And no more palarse rejects please, board. They drag us down to their level.
  • Options
    No. Pardew was heading to the nearest funny farm if he stayed with us much longer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    we should never have gotten rid of Len Glover.
  • Options
    I think Pardew would still have been better than Parky
  • Options
    Nope. He'd lost the plot by the time we sacked him.
  • Options
    Agree uncle.
  • Options
    agree uncle
  • Options
    Definitely the right decision, even if it was more for his sake than ours.
  • Options
    No, he had to go. He had tried every permutation available to him and he still could not work out his best/most consistent side, nor did he know how to turn things round tactically. Also agree that his pre match/post match comments were becoming weirder as each game passed.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    "Definitely the right decision, even if it was more for his sake than ours.''

Well you're not wrong there, Jack, because the bloke was clearly cracking up. But does that mean we paid £1.6m in order to save his mental health ???

Could we not have sent him to a DHSS health tribunal, which would have put him on incapacity benefit, thus saving us having to pay him off?
  • Options
    There is a rather nagging logic about the thought that if there is little money and no realisic financial possibility of bringing in outside management (which seems to be what the Board are saying) then why not have kept the money and invested it on players rather than sacking Pardew to swan off to the Bahamas with £1,6M in his sky rocket. On the other hand there was a huge head of steam up for him to go and he was a major architect of our failures.