Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PROUD TO BE AN ADDICK

DA9DA9
edited December 2008 in General Charlton
I am an Addick, I am proud of that fact.

Proud that I am not some glory seeking wannabe, who has never stepped foot in Old Trafford, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge.

Proud that I stood on the old Covered End & East terrace in Doctor Martens.

Proud that I stood by the club during the shitehouse & Upton park days.

Proud that I helped dig up weeds, remove trees and rubbish from our hallowed turf that cold March morning.

Proud that I was in Woolwich town hall to hear the board announce “We are going back to the Valley”

Proud that I was 2nd in the queue and waited all night in the car park for a ticket to Wembley 98.

Proud that my boy has followed in my footsteps and loves his local club so much so that he is now a season ticket holder.

Proud that I have made so many friends over the years following the Addicks

Proud that I can still say, despite our current woes, we are still a special and highly respected club that many envy and have used as a blueprint for growth.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FELLOW ADDICKS

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH & BE HAPPY

Comments

• Options
    HERE HERE
  • Options
    Absolute class DA9.
  • Options
    started drinking early have we?

I'm proud to be a supporter of the first football team in history to appoint their caretaker manager after he has failed to win a single game under his regime.
  • Options
    Proud...? Not at this moment in time Im not, but I'm sure I will be again soon, Im just not sure when!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2008
    So you're not proud to be a Charlton fan then Golfie?

I'll always be proud of the team I have chosen to support regardless of the board, the players, the tealady or anyone. My affinity is with the badge, the shirt and the valley and it always will be.

COYR.
  • Options
    We could be relegated come May 2009 with a record low amount of points..........................I would still be proud to be an Addick.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I am proud whenever i see red as it makes me think of charlton.

I am proud whenever i see a sword as it makes me think of charlton.

I am proud when i see campaigning against violence on the streets it makes me think of charlton.

I am proud wwhen i see us stand together despite bitching at one another as we all want to think of a better charlton.
  • Options
    Charlton 'til I die - need I say any more?
  • Options
    Some hysterical people on here......charlton till I die..... best club, bar none.
  • Options
    lots of dark times-----------some have had very dark times----------------------but CAFC are part of me.

very let down at the moment-------but nothing this club aint done to us be4

Bollox to it all WE ARE CHARLTON !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proud to call myself a Charlton supporter (and always will be!) - not so proud of the way my club has been run in the last two years!
  • Options
    signing in
  • Options
    Managers, players, directors and chairmen all come and go - but we will be here til the bitter end.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted golfie[/cite]I'm proud to be a supporter of the first football team in history to appoint their caretaker manager after he has failed to win a single game under his regime.

I'll take you literally then .....?

;o)
  • Options
    Yeah, life goes on and we all know we'll still be Addicks 'til we die no matter what they put us through. Though IMHO today's decision ranks pretty high along with those made by Mark Hulyer in ' 73/74: remember the boatload of rubber coming from Africa that was going to pay the bills? Well at least nothing like that will happen again. Happy New Year folks.
  • Options
    Oops, had an old timer's moment there: should read '83/84.
  • Options
    Great post DA9.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Managers, players, directors and chairmen all come and go - but we will be here til the bitter end.
    My thoughts exactly Off_It
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    1. I am an Addick, I am proud of that fact.

2. Proud that I am not some glory seeking wannabe, who has never stepped foot in Old Trafford, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge.

3. Proud that I stood on the old Covered End & East terrace in Doctor Martens.

4. Proud that I stood by the club during the shitehouse & Upton park days.

5. Proud that I helped dig up weeds, remove trees and rubbish from our hallowed turf that cold March morning.

6. Proud that I was in Woolwich town hall to hear the board announce “We are going back to the Valley”

7. Proud that I was 2nd in the queue and waited all night in the car park for a ticket to Wembley 98.

8. Proud that my boy has followed in my footsteps and loves his local club so much so that he is now a season ticket holder.

9. Proud that I have made so many friends over the years following the Addicks

10. Proud that I can still say, despite our current woes, we are still a special and highly respected club that many envy and have used as a blueprint for growth.

- I can't do 3 (too young) and 7 but can do the rest (was at Wembley but only (maybe) because my sister was a season ticket holder).
  • Options
    Top post DA9
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]started drinking early have we?

I'm proud to be a supporter of the first football team in history to appoint their caretaker manager after he has failed to win a single game under his regime.

I bet you REALLY are happy, happy that you can moan and wallow some more. Pathetic.
  • Options
    nice one DA9

CHARLTON AND PROUD - loyal supporters
  • Options
    Great post E - is there copyright on it or can it be transferred to another form of media? With a pseudonimical name check for your good self, naturally!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rock Spectacle[/cite]Great post E - is there copyright on it or can it be transferred to another form of media? With a pseudonimical name check for your good self, naturally!

No problem, publish & be damned fella
  • Options
    always proud..

have that sort of its tough shrug when people talk about charlton o me at the mo......

its charlton, its how it has been in the past and how it wil be in the future......

always proud though..... we are bloody marvelous.....
  • Options
    Ok so we are not going on a day trip to Wembley (rubbish pitch anyway) but I was proud of our team last night. Played with passion and commitment and deserved to win. Penalties are always a lottery so no point in being harsh on those who missed. I have enjoyed this season and look forward to promotion challenge next year with Parky and the boys.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Ok so we are not going on a day trip to Wembley (rubbish pitch anyway) but I was proud of our team last night. Played with passion and commitment and deserved to win. Penalties are always a lottery so no point in being harsh on those who missed. I have enjoyed this season and look forward to promotion challenge next year with Parky and the boys.
    Agree with this totally
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Ok so we are not going on a day trip to Wembley (rubbish pitch anyway) but I was proud of our team last night. Played with passion and commitment and deserved to win. Penalties are always a lottery so no point in being harsh on those who missed. I have enjoyed this season and look forward to promotion challenge next year with Parky and the boys.
    Agree with this totally

ditto
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]
    Agree with this totally

ditto

ditto again
  • Options
    Ditto, lot of negativity on here this morning, Baily this, Sam that etc, etc, but we will get over it, its in the blood and we will all be back next season to fight another day regardless of who is the manager and what players are pulling the shirt on.

Finances are a worry and admin is being talked about but hey ho, we have been in worse trouble and pulled through.

COYR and yes, Live, Love Laugh & be Happy