Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Operation Hillsbrough?

Tickets are only £10, they give you the whole stand (6k?) the club needs the support.

Surely this game is screaming free buses?

Comments

• screaming for three points. . . .

I doubt we'd take 600. People are royally sick of it.
  • Tenner, bargain, might go.

I reckon we could have as many as 7-800 for this one, maybe 1200 if the club pays for everything, programmes, half time Mars Bar... :)

Southampton is my once a season boys weekend this season, booking the hotel when im back at work.
  • Free buses? They'd have to travel up on the Friday and back on the Sunday as surely everyone's making a weekend of it? There are two places in Britain you want at least two days of pub crawl in, Dereham Road in Norwich and Kelham Island in Sheffield. Both of which it looks like we won't be visiting again in the foreseeable future, so people would be mad not to go to the Hillsborough game.
  • Il be going.
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

No more "Operations", thank you very much!
  • Wasn't it New York Addick who once called for an away fixture to be an "Operation Match" in the hope that eleven players could be persuaded to turn up?
  • I'm with Off-it on this one.

I don't think we have ever won an "operation" game and also I don't think even at a tenner a throw you'd get more than 500 fans going.
  • The only "Operation only here on a freebie game and I look a complete tool with my Operation never go away games t-shirt from the club shop" we have won was Port Vale away in 1998. 1-0 win Mendonca pen.

There have been plenty others over the years and each one has ended in defeat. Apart from a 1-1 draw up at Forest I think.
  • edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]The only "Operation only here on a freebie game and I look a complete tool with my Operation never go away games t-shirt from the club shop" we have won was Port Vale away in 1998. 1-0 win Mendonca pen.

There have been plenty others over the years and each one has ended in defeat. Apart from a 1-1 draw up at Forest I think.

Anyone remember the 4 - 1 defeat up at Everton in 99? The toffeemen took great delight singing "Here on a freebie, your only ere on a freebie"
  • edited December 2008
    Yep terrible performance.
    Remember there was a very fit blonde girl in a white coat in the home end to our left though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scouser blonde ....? She's probably had 6 kids since and is a grandmother by now.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Tenner, bargain, might go.

I reckon we could have as many as 7-800 for this one, maybe 1200 if the club pays for everything, programmes, half time Mars Bar... :)

Southampton is my once a season boys weekend this season, booking the hotel when im back at work.

the day out yes the weekend i wouldn't advise it,this is goin to get very smelly this year
  • Wouldn't go if you paid me. Norwich was the final straw for me. I won't waste money going away again whilst Parkinson is in charge, it's a struggle to get up for the home games these days, never mind away.
  • you enjoyed it as well chris,it was fun weren't it