Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Varney deal is done deal, Christiansen released (or not...)

2»

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Well spotted!
  • Christensen is still here...

how did anyone notice? and can they prove it?
  • He was in The Royal Oak avin a light ale with Cory Gibbs, Gary Rowett, Simon Walton, Tom Hovi and Omar Pouso.

SLIVER, SPOOK. . . . .
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]He was in The Royal Oak avin a light ale with Cory Gibbs, Gary Rowett, Simon Walton, Tom Hovi and Omar Pouso.

SLIVER, SPOOK. . . . .

I thought he was in the bugle with Steve Barbe and Emenke Ifajayagwa
  • My moles within the Club tell me that we're in talks with a guy called Ali Dia. Apparantly he's a Liberian International, can play up front or in midfield and has been recommended to us by his cousin, George Weah.
  • We could do with Ali BaBa at the moment.

Perhaps he'll bring some gold with him from his cave.
    Then Phearless Phil can go on a spending spree.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Chrisensen also played against Aldershot - looked poor, fast with no end product

Shh don't tell Lloyd Sam
  • Varney's name not on the official list of transfers that have gone through on Jan 1...
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Varney's name not on the official list of transfers that have gone through on Jan 1...

I guess it won't be until at least one of the clubs confirms it has gone through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, in the Cranie story on the OS, it says this "Luke Varney's loan move to Derby is also now permanent after an initial month-long loan spell with the Rams, during which he has scored one goal in six appearances."

No mention of a fee so "undisclosed" I guess.
  • More than likely, Varney's contract was permanent at the time he initially signed for Derby - to enable him to actually play of course, the deal needed to be emergency loan.
  • i really hope varney pushes on from here just to slap the board in the face!
  • i don't! i think they're suffering enough as it is without fans holding that against them as well!
  • hmm maybe im just being harsh as i liked varney's work ethic!
  • edited January 2009
    As of Jan 3, as far as I can see neither Varney nor Burton's permanent moves have been officially registered at Lancaster Gate.

Most of the other loans-now-confirmed-as-permanent, such as Helguson at QPR, have been officially registered.

The Derby County site has also said nothing about Varney's signing becoming permanent, although they are reporting on a couple of academy players whose loans at Notts County came to an end on Jan 1.

I presume this is just Charlton tardiness in filing the required paper work to the authorities?

Which makes you wonder about the real reason all our deals every year seem to go through at 11.55pm on Jan 31...perhaps our 30 year old office fax machine keeps breaking down!

May be its about time we bought a new one, if we can rustle up enough from the petty cash. Or a collection this afternoon, perhaps? That would go down a bomb in the current climate wouldn't it - ''THE CHARLTON APPEAL 2009 : HELP STEVE WAGGOTT BUY A NEW FAX MACHINE" !!!!!

ps : this just in from someone called D Chappell : "I'm sure all Charlton fans would agree that our current priorities dictate that the loose change in the little tin box under SuziSausage's desk containing the petty cash should be exclusively devoted to strengthening the team on the pitch, rather than buying Steve Waggott new items of luxury office equipment..."
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]The Derby County site has also said nothing about Varney's signing becoming permanent, although they are reporting on a couple of academy players whose loans at Notts County came to an end on Jan 1.

Derby's site said it would become permanent when he first went on loan to them. Charlton always said it was with a view to a permanent move, so confirmed it went through once it did.