Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic AGM

As many of you know, I'm not the shiniest penny, but this morning I got through the post my "Invitation" to the CAFC AGM on January, 28th,2009.
I own 1 share.
The letter had more words on it than a dictionary and it'll take me aweek to get through it.

Anyway, the question I'm asking fellow lifers is this;

Is it worth attending these meetings, and if so, can you go with a list of questions or is it a general "Vote Yes/No- next item........" event ?

Would appreciate answers from yous guys- whispers if need be.
Thank you all (again)

P.

Comments

• Options
    They are meant to last for the "vote yes/no" bits and bobs which should only take about 10 mins and use a lot of other long words, but RM usually opens up to the shareholders for a mini Q&A session with fans for about half an hour which is where the pot hole question came from.

Addickted and Goonerhater always attend so they'd be able to tell you more.
  • Options
    they will always take questions from the floor MOG
  • Options
    Yes got mine just now. You vote but thats all cosmetic really. You can ask questions varied stuff from pot holes in the car park to the womans footie team.

i think it would be have been good to get some questions for voting other than what the Board put forward --- to late again. Cant be fotie related but business related. They would be hugely voted out but at least they could have been debated.

cant go as im due in the land of sand by then.
  • Options
    Got mine as well.

Defo need to get them to make a definitive statement on the pot holes.

Paul, worth going along to if you can spare the time. Will have to check the diary but will see you there. Suzi does a good job with the roving mike as well.

Seems the only special business is the continuation of the bond offer as £3,194,796 of 50p shares. I may have misread that so someone else can correct me.
  • Options
    Anyone able to find the accounts on www.cafc.co.uk - the documents from the company says: "they are currently published and accessible from the Company's website.
  • Options
    they are not on their yet, but will be 'soon' apparently
  • Options
    11am on the 28th Jan. See you there.
  • Options
    I will be attending, but only to speak on behalf of American Addick, Prague Addick, Craig Norris, Steve Clarke and Wendy Perfect as I have no views of my own . .
  • Options
    Of course i don't speak on behalf of Rick....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I will be attending, but only to speak on behalf of American Addick, Prague Addick, Craig Norris, Steve Clarke and Wendy Perfect as I have no views of my own . .

You forgot Jonathan Acworth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I will be attending, but only to speak on behalf of American Addick, Prague Addick, Craig Norris, Steve Clarke and Wendy Perfect as I have no views of my own . .

Plenty of views Airman......... it's just that most of them are rubbish.

You've been a politician for far too long - all that spin for Wendy.
  • Options
    I know there are many Vital things to discuss, from the performance of the First team, to the Ladies team, The Pot-Holes, the future of the management and coaches, and the Financial situation on the Board among many many other topics, but surely the Big Question is;

Is the Bar open ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cholland[/cite]Anyone able to find the accounts on www.cafc.co.uk - the documents from the company says: "they are currently published and accessible from the Company's website.[/quote]

O/S says Jan 7th 2009.

Computer says no.
  • Options
    Sorry for being slower than usual, but.........

I just realized that the AGM is the morning after the Weasels game at home !!
    Could be a lively meeting.
  • Options
    From reading this, am I right in thinking that the meeting will last about an hour?

My one share has earned me an invite, and given the current circumstances I'd like to go along and hear firsthand what is being said - just need to work out when I'll be able to get into work afterwards etc.

Thanks...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]From reading this, am I right in thinking that the meeting will last about an hour?

My one share has earned me an invite, and given the current circumstances I'd like to go along and hear firsthand what is being said - just need to work out when I'll be able to get into work afterwards etc.

Thanks...[/quote]

Think you'll proberly need a drink after !!