Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hero required

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Back in the old days I can remember Cliff Holton and Ron Saunders coming to us in peril and scoring the goals to take us to safety. Eddie Frimani saved us several times. And there was the Swedish hero in the years before that, Hans Jeppson? Was that his name? I know we need to get the staff sorted first but who is going to be our goal scoring hero. I doubt very much if it is going to be Dean Burton!

Comments

• Options
    Bring in Rooney the littler one ;o)
  • Options
    Yes Wolfman, Hans Jeppson scored 13 goals in something like 20 games to save us in season '50/51. His last game was my first and of course we lost it 0-1 to Pompey.According to my dad Jeppson was going to be picked by a helicopter at the end of the game (they were a novelty back then) landing on the pitch but it didn't happen. All I can remember is lots of people's knees , Sam Bartram's red hair and my dad grumbling about the team all the way home, just as I do to my son these days! A hero? It's getting to the stage where the power of prayer might have to be called upon, I think, unless Parky has a change of mind about certain people.