Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Winter Sports 2009?

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Anyone going skiing, snowboarding, dog sledding, ice skating or similar?

Or has the credit crunch killed the ski holiday just before global warming was due to......

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite] dog sledding,

May seem like a stupid question but is this something Stan Collymore does in Winter ?
  • tea tray down the hill in maryon park.
  • yep of course - fancy a trip up to whistler one day Oakster?
  • Interesting few days up here in Whistler.

A tower holding up the Gondola going up Blackcomb mountain literally sheered in half, due to ice expanding apparently! Left a few cars dangling, one over a river... luckily only 13 people were hurt. Could have been so much worse.

Vancouver / Oakster - let me know if you head up. We should defo meet up for a few beers... I have a tab at one of the pub that needs utilising more frequently.....
  • [cite]Posted By: thecrazyaddick[/cite]A tower holding up the Gondola going up Blackcomb mountain literally sheered in half, due to ice expanding apparently! Left a few cars dangling, one over a river... luckily only 13 people were hurt. Could have been so much worse.

Jeezus, can't imagine!
  • pics here... one landed on the bus stop I take home...

http://www.vancouversun.com/cars/Gallery+Whistler+Gondola+accident/1086283/story.html

Hasn't stopped anyone heading up the slopes though. Can't wait to get back up there this weekend...
  • Plenty of skating and hockey for me and my boy - once our local lake has frozen properly...

We're the nutters who are wishing for more days of -20C temperatures so they'll prepare the
    hockey rinks in time for Christmas ! Think jumpers for goalposts except on ice, you get
    incredible pick up games developing with large numbers of players ranging from about 6
    to 60 - great fun.

Might get up to Sunshine at some time for some skiing (hockey allowing)
  • Just got back from Avoriaz, France, the snow was perfect...
  • Off to Verbier in Switzerland in March.

The Snow's looking good at the mo
  • Was going to Andorra in February but cancelled in June due to falling pound. Will probably look for last minute deals.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Albertan_Addick[/cite]Plenty of skating and hockey for me and my boy - once our local lake has frozen properly...

We're the nutters who are wishing for more days of -20C temperatures so they'll prepare the
    hockey rinks in time for Christmas ! Think jumpers for goalposts except on ice, you get
    incredible pick up games developing with large numbers of players ranging from about 6
    to 60 - great fun.

Might get up to Sunshine at some time for some skiing (hockey allowing)
    As an Englishman who loves hockey and played from 5 to 17, the fact that we have NO recreational hockey in this country (because we have no rinks) really depresses me. I've played pickup hockey before in Canada (Toronto) and it is AWESOME!