Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beaurocracy gone mad- your help please....

Those who know me know i am a musician who performs regularly in and about london- this is a bit of beaurocracy that goes too far IMHO.

The 696 Form compels licensees who wish to hold live music events in 21 London Boroughs to report to the police the names, addresses, aliases and telephone numbers of performers, and most worryingly, the likely ethnicity of their audience. Failure to comply could result in fines or imprisonment. The 696 form can only serve to deter the staging of live musical events - a positive form of activity in London and all cities - stifle free expression and quite possible penalise certain genres of music and ethnic audiences. It is an intrusion too far.

Follow the link and sign if you agree- after al what's next??Link

Comments

• Options
    was this rushed out after the stabbings at the urban music awards last month?
  • Options
    Signed.
  • Options
    It's been kicking around for a while, and I agree, it's utterly nuts.
  • Options
    the way i read it- i turn up at some church somewhere to play in a 50 piece orchestra with a 100 strong choir and soloists and we all have to provide our adddress and phone number just because Mozart's whatever might get a few people going..... Maybe they should ask the audience to provide their details as well?

Madness- all it will do is reduce the number of gigs going on which in turn,will further reduce the incomes of jobbing musos and arty types.....

Thanks Algarve...
  • Options
    More disgraceful and uneccessary invasion of privacy. Definitely signed.
  • Options
    Does Boris know about it? Signing now.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Seems pretty typical of our current Govt. and their lackeys

Party of the people my arse!!
  • Options
    signed.
    (just gettin me e-mail).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Does Boris know about it? Signing now.

As chairman of the Metropolitan Police Authority, he should do.
  • Options
    I will sign it as my dad is a musician as well and will forward to him but no doubt he knows about it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this about the moderators on this site? If so where do I sign? ;o)
  • Options
    Done :)