Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taking threads away from their original subjects

Comments

• Options
    I do wonder whether a penguin would taste more like chicken or fish. They are a type of chicken but eat a lot of fish so I think the latter.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I do wonder whether a penguin would taste more like chicken or fish. They are a type of chicken but eat a lot of fish so I think the latter.

I ate one at lunchtime, and it tasted sort of....mmmm. chocolaty.
  • Options
    Laboratory meat?!? Think I'll stick to tofu and bean sprouts thanks.
  • Options
    made-up stats ‏@madeupstats
    expert's have estimated that english grammar will be totes extinct by 2025.
  • Options
    Think my mistrust in women stems from the time I spent an hour trying to get a girl's number down Scarborough sea front when I was 16. Number she gave me was a taxi office. Should have just told me to 'f**k off' at minute one. Could've concentrated on Pac-man instead.
  • Options
    I'm what you would call a teleological, existential atheist. I believe that there's an intelligence to the universe, with the exception of certain parts of South Norwood.
  • Options

The International Space Station goes over every 90 minutes and can be seen quite clearly on occasions.

Good tip, Milletts. In which direction should we look?

Viewfinder, providing there's not too much cloud cover look directly overhead (assuming you're in London) at 21.27 tonight and you'll see it quite clearly going from West to East.

• Options

The International Space Station goes over every 90 minutes and can be seen quite clearly on occasions.

Viewfinder, providing there's not too much cloud cover look directly overhead (assuming you're in London) at 21.27 tonight and you'll see it quite clearly going from West to East.

Thanks, M-a-M! I'm going to set the alarm, to remind me. But I fear it's going to remain cloudy here in south-east London. Will report back....

• Options
    Thanks for the link, M-a-M - I got it! Alarm is set ready for 2127, but I'm pretty sure it's way too cloudy here in south-east London....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks, M-a-M! I'm going to set the alarm, to remind me. But I fear it's going to remain cloudy here in south-east London. Will report back....

Virtual Astronomer ‏@VirtualAstro
    T - 1 hour until the first incredibly bright #ISS pass over the UK at 21:24 It approaches from the West http://www.meteorwatch.org/uk-iss-passes-august-2013.html
  • Options
    Thanks, MOG. But I fear it's too cloudy....
  • Options
    For God's sake, stop breaking the rules of the game.

Aces are ALWAYS high!
  • Options
    Except on Fridays, then she said maybe.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

T - 1 hour until the first incredibly bright #ISS pass over the UK at 21:24 It approaches from the West http://www.meteorwatch.org/uk-iss-passes-august-2013.html
    Hey - I just watched it! Quite a thrill. The clouds dispersed and it was bang on time, and exactly where you said it would be: crossing from the west virtually directly overhead. Took a few minutes to reach the eastern horizon. Amazing that it's clearly visible to the naked eye, yet is 200 miles away. Thanks, M-a-M and MOG, for the tips.

• Options
    Nice break in the clouds (thank you God), went right overhead was visible through the light cloud, and then disappeared.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Hey - I just watched it! Quite a thrill. The clouds dispersed and it was bang on time, and exactly where you said it would be: crossing from the west virtually directly overhead. Took a few minutes to reach the eastern horizon. Amazing that it's clearly visible to the naked eye, yet is 200 miles away. Thanks, M-a-M and MOG, for the tips.

Cool, it's even better when the sky is cloudless. Another chance at 23.04 tonight, with a bit less cloud.
  • Options
    I give up!
  • Options
    Been sitting in me garden with a bottle of Lynx creme de douche waiting for a meteor shower that never happened
  • Options
    235 days and counting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grrrr
  • Options

Cool, it's even better when the sky is cloudless. Another chance at 23.04 tonight, with a bit less cloud.
    Also amazing was that at 260 miles away and not much bigger than a Boeing 747, the ISS was clearly visible to the naked eye, illuminated by the sun.

• Options
    Another two good sightings due tonight. The link I sent will give you the times,
  • Options

Another two good sightings due tonight. The link I sent will give you the times,

Was it really 260 miles up when we saw it yesterday? I couldn't find more details on the link. Seems a very long way to be able to see something about the size of a football pitch!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, 430kms whatever that is in old money.

www.n2yo.com

Click on ISS (Zarya) top left, and request five day predictions on the next page. Click on Map and then Details and it will give you the path and times.

• Options
    Anyway, getting back on subject, it was a definite case of ball tampering.
  • Options
    And the barman said, 'I'll give you one! '
  • Options
    You'll never believe who I saw today in Croydon !
  • Options

Lindsay Lohan?

• Options

Lindsay Lohan?

Nope. Liam, who drinks in The Golden Lion in Sydenham.