Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford vs Norwich

As they both can't lose, I'll be backing a Norwich win.

If Watford win, we'd be 5 points away from Southampton effectively 6 points with our GD being so bad.

Comments

• Options
    No point worrying about other team's results. We have enough worrying of our own!

All we need to do to avoid relegation is get 50 points. Oh shit......
  • Options
    10.30 pm : if you want a good night's sleep, don't look at the table before you go to bed.

Five points off safety so even if we beat both Derby and Norwich in the next two games, Soton will only need to pick up one point out of six to ensure Charlton go into Xmas in the drop zone.

To stay up we probably now need 35-36 points from 24 games. Doesn't look very likely viewed from here, does it?
  • Options
    Just been looking at past seasons.

Every team who has been bottom at Christmas has gone down since the Championship was renamed

:-|
  • Options
    It's not Christmas yet. There's enough doom and gloom on here already, without extrapolating from circumstances that haven't actually happened yet.
  • Options
    "There's enough doom and gloom on here already, without extrapolating from circumstances that haven't actually happened yet.''

Fair point, Aliwibble. So let's extrapolate from what has so far happened this season - 17 points from 22 games. Keep that up and we end up with about 35 points when we will probably need 52/53 just to scrape 22nd place. That's the measure of the task and I don't think that pretending it's not going to take an extraordinary miracle helps us.
  • Options
    Nigel, I'm not saying it's not looking bad at the moment, but going out of your way to look for bad omens is just daft. It's like going on a really choppy cross channel ferry journey, spotting a seagull and wailing "It's an albatross! We're doomed! DOOMED I TELL YOU" then throwing yourself over the side, rather than concentrating on holding on to the handrail, taking more travel sickness pills and trying to find out where the lifeboats are.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Not looking for bad omens, Ali. Pointing out the simple fact that back to back victories in the next two games (not managed in a year now) will still mean we sit down to Xmas dinner marooned in the bottom three...

We were told all this 'long way to go until Xmas/ not in a relegation battle yet' stuff seven games ago when we had 15 points from 15 games. We've now got 17 from 22 and the ship is sinking further and further. To continue your analogy, we are not going to be saved by asserting that its not time to launch the lifeboats just yet because the rising waters still have a little way to go before we sink between the waves for good!
  • Options
    Nigel, quite frankly I'll be chuffed if we're not in the bottom three at Christmas. But that's not the same as conceding we'll definitely be bottom.
  • Options
    Agreed, Ali- but it wasn't me who talked about being bottom : that was Big Red.

However, I confess I will be chuffed if we're second to bottom, frankly !
  • Options
    I was just looking at past tables to see where how we compare. So I thought I'd bring the depressing fact to everyone attention.

But really past seasons mean nothing.

The only thing we need to look at is Derby/Norwich/Watford/Southampton/Doncaster/Forest, can we better their final 24 games by 7 or more points?

I hope to God we can.