Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I wish I'd seen this before planning mine...

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1081355/The-100-000-white-wedding-16-year-old-girl-lives-caravan.html

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Is it me or do they ALL look related?

Your sister is your mother...
  • Options
    Billie Pipper as maid of honnour too..

article-1081355-02461D6E000005DC-94_468x337.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    God, this story does half tick some Daily Mail outrage boxes
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    (there's more pics somewhere of the flower girls and bridesmaids)

The £100,000 white wedding for the 16-year-old girl who lives in a caravan
    What Daddy's little girl wants Daddy's little girl gets.
    So when Missy Quinn insisted on a big white wedding with her boyfriend, her father said Yes. It didn't matter that she was only 16 and the groom 17.
    Daddy also said Yes to a £16,000 wedding dress (which looked suspiciously like a crop top and skirt) and Yes to 150 guests at the reception. Then there were the cars, the hotels, the tiara and the £500 bouquet.

Missy Quinn, 16, in her £16,000 wedding dress, has enjoyed a £100,000 white wedding paid for by her father who lives in a caravan
    In the end, making Missy's wedding dreams come true cost her father - who lives in a caravan and surfaces driveways for a living - a whopping £100,000.
    But as his princess, who hasn't been in a classroom since she was nine and wants to be a glamour model, posed for photographs, her father Simon, 35, declared it was worth every penny. 'I'm very proud of her today,' he said.
    Missy was just happy to be the undisputed centre of attention.
    Her dress, studded with Swarovski crystals, and with a 10ft wide train, was so heavy that it took ten guests to help her struggle out of the Rolls-Royce Phantom that brought her to the church.
    Enlarge http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/28/article-1081355-02461D6E000005DC-94_468x337_popup.jpg
    Missy with groom Thomas Moghon, 17, her mother Theresa and father Simon
    'It was huge. I wanted to outdo everyone else's wedding dress,' she said.
    'It was extremely heavy and just standing in the church was really difficult. But despite all that, I felt just like Cinderella.'
    The bill was around five times the cost of the average British wedding.
    Missy said: 'It cost a fortune, but I've always wanted a big wedding and my dad has been saving for ages to pay for it.' She met Thomas at Alton Towers theme park when she was 13.
    Enlarge http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/28/article-1081355-024784DE000005DC-162_468x410_popup.jpg
    x
    They continued to date despite her traveller family leaving their caravan park in Stoke-on-Trent every summer to tour the UK while Thomas lived with his parents in Wolverhampton.
    Missy said: 'I just knew he was The One from the beginning. He's perfect.'
    Her mother Theresa, 33, who married Missy's father at 16, said: 'I was surprised they wanted to get married so young in this day and age. But we could see they were madly in love.'
    The couple married six days after Missy turned 16 at St Mary's Catholic Church in Congleton-Cheshire. After the ceremony-guests in feathers and crystals enjoyed champagne and an all-day buffet at the reception. Girls as young as nine showed off bikini tops, high heels and make-up.
    Guest Victoria Docherty, 23, who wore a £700 hotpants and bra outfit, said: 'This isn't unusual - it's just what we do at weddings. It's all very extravagant. Everything is paid for by the bride's daddy.'
    Missy and Thomas honeymooned in Turkey before moving into their own £18,000 caravan - a wedding gift from her parents.
  • Options
    I think that should be this weeks 'Would Ya'.
  • Options
    Chirst Razil you didn't tell me you made the papers!

Now I am gutted I din't go the reception. . . .

Can you get me the number of "Victoria Docherty, 23, who wore a £700 hotpants and bra outfit" ??
  • Options
    more pics
  • Options
    more pics
  • Options
    last one's a classic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2008
    chav wedding of the year.

I read that expecting to see the words ROMFORD AND ESSEX in there somewhere. Very shocked i did not see them
    FFS
  • Options
    Not Chav's are they (well they are i suppose).

But a good proper irish travelling family thats what dey are. god love them.
  • Options
    i never siad they were chavs just said it was a chav wedding.
  • Options
    each to their own thats what I say, and good luck to em
  • Options
    Plenty more on this site... http://tackyweddings.com/
  • Options
    We have weddings like that all the time in Swanley.

The two little uns remind me of the kids off Desparate Houswives
  • Options
    more worrying then that im sure ive seen those to plying there trade on plumstead corner..
  • Options
    even more worrying is that those two outfits may have cost money based on the 100k total.. they must be wearing minks
  • Options
    wonder what the odds were on the first punch up at the wedding reception..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]LINK TO MORE PICS
    That last pic is a pair of trannies, surely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh my god, what terrible memories of a wedding I DJ'd at earlier in the year.

I was booked by a club in Chingford to do an Irish wedding which turned out to be a travellers wedding. They came from all over London and they all looked like the pictures above. Every one of them had fake tan, even the 7/8 year olds.

They were in my face all night long. When the club eventually got them all out at the end of the evening it was like a disaster zone. Food and broken glass everywhere, toilets smashed in. It took a team of cleaners 10 hours the next day to get the club re-opened.

The cheeky b@stards even had the nerve to come back the next day for their £100 deposit back!
  • Options
    Yes but Al they did "ya drive for ya mister"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes but Al they did "ya drive for ya mister"

I was just glad to get myself and the equipment out in one piece!

About a month later, one of them rang me and asked if I could do another one. My diary was all of a sudden very full!