Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Report

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Hi everyone,

Just back from Bloomfield Road and thoroughly depressed.

We played reasonably well in the first half, and despite having to defend about 76 corners, we defended quite well and the spirit of the side was good.

That is why it was so disappointing to concede from the first corner of the second half. Their second came from some sloppy midfield play and Weaver did his best but it was just going to happen. After this we had a reasonable go at fighting back (even hitting the post), but i'm sorry to say that we could play until next tuesday and never seem like scoring. Blackpool then proceeded to control the game, and all we could offer was long balls to an isolated front pair who got very little change from a solid Blackpool back line (I felt sorry for Dickson in these circumstances).

Its depressing, but teams like Blackpool look much better than us and you must remember that they were one of the favourites for relegation at the start of the season.

A final note; our support was extremely muted, as though they expected the inevitable defeat. Apart from the final whistle, there just seemed to be an air of resignation that is truly worrying. Where we go from here, I really do not know.

The Blackpool fans sang 'going down, going down' near the end and it was hard to disagree with them.

Right sod this. I'm going to have a bath, then I'm off to see the Wedding Present in Manchester and drink beer until I've forgotten what happened today. You can but try!

Comments