Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I really hate to say this but

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
I think the board are repeating the mistakes of two seasons ago. If something drastic does not happen quick we are down, we need a new broom at the club and one that strikes a bit of fear into the players.

Parky seems a top bloke just as Les Reed did but that seems to be far from enough, 3 games 1 point and 1 goal, the experiment did not work lets move on before it is too late.

Comments

• Options
    After today, I think I agree with you.

But it would mean being realistic about who would really come to us....
  • Options
    It's not Parkys fault. Probably in other circumstances, he could come in and make a decent fist of things. The problem is we are suffering from chronic lack of confidence. We have a keeper who is jittery, a defence that is leaky, a midfield which hasn't gelled and an attack which is firing blanks. That is a recipe for failure and what is needed is somebody with great personal belief and a track record that can galvanise things. Our former manager of 15 years remains in the ranks of the unemployed. Surely, even on a short term basis, he would make a huge difference?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Our former manager of 15 years remains in the ranks of the unemployed. Surely, even on a short term basis, he would make a huge difference?
    But why would he come Bing? There's at least one Prem job up for grabs, and he's done the "turning a skint club around" job once already. He's got everything to lose and very little to gain taking on this job.
  • Options
    besides he's a team builder not a crisis manager. His methodical, careful way of going about things is not what we need right now: we need an arse-kicker!
  • Options
    They have to act soon, one way or the other make him permanent and back him or preferably get someone in from outside before Monday. This is two years ago plus some now. Last night was Parky's Wycombe and I can only see it getting worse.

We need a win pre Christmas or I really do fear for us, last night the crowd were the loudest for ages before the goal went in, so it is not our fault. Although some people need to take a look at themselves, they are far too negative and just slagging all our players off will get us nowhere.

I remember a Boxing Day game at Southend years back (about 15) when we won two nil and they brought on a sub. the lad's first touch was abysmal and they booed and we gave it the full donkey, from then on his performance got worse. I honestly think booing a player makes them more nervous and it will not help their next contribution if they are not iron willed.
  • Options
    i said last night that it has been like watching a season full of wycombe games.
  • Options
    It is a bit like a failing marriage, you get the odd brightspot, but generally it is fucking depressing but you do not want to be the one to give up on it.