Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Weaver reaction from upminster

For those who directly asked for my comments and accused me of the "silent treatment" I am not hiding, why would I? Weaver had a half decent game. I am not proud to point out he is not very good, he is the last line of our defence, but lets be honest lads, didn't have that much to do in the way of overall goalkeeping, did he? unlike his performance in the 5-2 game. Where were your comments then? Matt and Playeer, probably wern't even at the game. Anyway to sum up, HE EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AGAIN! You really must tune in to the Championship on Sunday morning.

Couple of routine saves doesn't make me feel any confidence in him, its just the way I feel. What he did yesterday is to be expected but far too often this season that has not been the case. Although what he did, he did well.

Shall we agree to disagree, as I am not going to game hoping he has a nightmare just so I can come on here and prove yet again, I am right.

Comments

• I couldn't disagree with you more, I think he is a very sound keeper and has had a very consistant season bar two poor matches.
  • Added to original thread
  • He's a decent keeper who's had some bad games....it happens. Last seaon and the start of this he's saved us more points than he's cost us.
    I noticed Bailey's had another game of giving the ball away far to much yet because fickle fans have decided to like him more he doesn't get booed. There's other players in the team who have have been far less consistant and made far more costly errors than Weaver yet they don't get booed. I understand peoples frustrations but don't be mindless hypocrites about it. If you're gonna boo then boo everyone when they're rubbish not just one or two who you choose not to like.

All keepers are gonna start making obvious mistakes when playing in a bad team and constantly under pressure. Look at Ian Walker and Robinson at Spurs, both top quality keepers but ended up making consistant stupid mistakes and looking bad because of the players infront of them. If keepers are put under sustained pressure every weeek because of a crap defence system then somethings gonna give.
    S'tons keeper loooked world class yesterday but i think it's safe to say that he doesn't do that every week and overall he'll be no better than weaver. At this level Weavers good enough. If we get to the Premiership and are pushing for European football then we may have to step up the Goalkeeping level. until then get a reality check.
  • Talk about scrabbling round to find anything to try and back yourself up
  • Is that your answer to everything? You probably weren't there? I think you'll find I've been to every home game this season plus 4 or 5 away so that really blows that out of the water.

He's had maybe 3 or 4 bad games in a season and a half which is far less than can be said of some players that have been/are still in the side. Clearly it was more than a 'half decent' game as he was MOTM is most of the papers today.

You didn't see my comments after he had a bad game against Sheff Utd because I don't feel that singling out people after ONE bad performance really makes much sense, perhaps getting behind players instead of mugging them off as I've no doubt you was doing outside the West Stand last week really does anyone much good would be a bit more proactive!

Maybe it would have been better if you had have just kept quiet!
  • you say that but your "one bad game" comment doesn't back up the fact you go as much as you say. But I will conceed he did ok yesterday and probably got one of the points back which is offset against those he has cost us this season. Long may it continue
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]you say that but your "one bad game" comment doesn't back up the fact you go as much as you say. But I will conceed he did ok yesterday and probably got one of the points back which is offset against those he has cost us this season. Long may it continue

Wriggle wriggle ...squirm squirm...back track back track...pathetic post pal.
  • Weaver is and has been solid. Every goalkeeper goes through a bad patch. Carson, Robinson are two big names recently. The fact that Nickys bad patch has coincided with the defence in general being more than poor is I also think not a coincidence.
  • on a positive note i had my picture taken with him on saturday in the centre circle :D
  • [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]you say that but your "one bad game" comment doesn't back up the fact you go as much as you say. But I will conceed he did ok yesterday and probably got one of the points back which is offset against those he has cost us this season. Long may it continue

So MOM now = ok.
    Said it before and I'll say it again.Weaver has been our best/ most consistent player since he joined the club. He's not brilliant but he's a very good keeper for this league. So please leave him be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Weaver is a very good keeper for this level. FFS pick on some other poor mug if you are trying to find a scapegoat! How absurd can you get.
  • people just to jump on people after a couple of bad games
  • Upminster, i like Weaver, mainly for the character he showed coming to Charlton after the relationship he had with the fans, so maybe I look at him through rose tinted glasses. I realise that his mistakes at least cost us the Brum points and he was partof the issue with sheff U, but I am struggling to identify where else he has really let us down this season, so any chance of elaborating
  • edited November 2008
    [Admin Note]You could have kept this in the original Drop Nicky Weaver.... thread. Next time please do[/Admin]
  • Weaver was possibly at fault for the Ipswich goal at Portman Rd recently - but on the other hand, he kept us in the game with save after save, including a brilliant penalty save.

There, if you look for an occasional weakness, you may find one. But how about recognising and giving credit for what he generally consistantly does well?
  • Upminster why dont you channel your energies in getting behind Weaver and giving him encouragement as yes he has had a few dodgey games rather than slagging him off and completely shattering what little confidence he has got left............
  • Upminster have you ever had one of those days or spells at work when the energy has drained out of you? You can't really concentrate, the boss is always on your back and you know your recent performance has been below par? The someone says, it's OK we all have spells like these, I've got faith in you and then points out all the stuff you've done that was really good. It makes a helluva difference so get off Weavers back, swallow your ego and start trying to help Weaver and the team.
  • Upminster - you sound like me and my vendetta against Halford. I never rated him due to a couple of bad games but overall he was alright BUT I was never going to admit to it -I can now as he's not here ;-)

Just bite the bullet and admit you was wrong - - lol

weaver I think you are completely off the mark with him - I think he's top drawer and has saved us more than lost us games in his charlton career overall.
  • I thought this site was about opinions, just as long as everyone agrees with the "regulars" its OK. I will leave you lot too it, least my post got you going!
  • It is about opinions, and if somebody disagrees they can let their opinion be known also.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]I thought this site was about opinions, just as long as everyone agrees with the "regulars" its OK. I will leave you lot too it, least my post got you going!

It is about opinions but there is inevitably a majority opinion on any subject.

I fought what often felt an almost lone battle on netaddicks and here as to the merits of Kish for example when he played for us.

In this instance the majority opinion is that whilst Weaver has made the odd mistake he has saved us far more often and is one of our better players, not that that says much at the moment!
  • [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]I thought this site was about opinions, just as long as everyone agrees with the "regulars" its OK. I will leave you lot too it, least my post got you going!

Yeah it is, and it's a lot of peoples opinion that yours is a bit silly, and their giving you there opinion.

So in short, the survey says your views on weaver equal a epic

surveyfail.jpg
  • It is all about opinions, its just that some people have had enough of people's opinions only consisting of knocking individuals.

I know i have.
  • Your right Upminster it is all about opinions, and others are putting there opinions to you, i am of the opinion that there is no I in team, and it is wrong to single out one individual as he has had a couple of bad games, how about the other 10 in front of him? The team and club need the fans more than ever at this moment in time, in terms of support and vocally, so i propose that we stopping whinning like a bunch of old men and get behind the lads
  • He's not great - but he's also not terrible. For a side third from botton in the Fizzy Pop, he's above average.

We really should remember where we are at the moment ....
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I couldn't disagree with you more, I think he is a very sound keeper and has had a very consistant season bar two poor matches.
    well three bad games... but
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Talk about scrabbling round to find anything to try and back yourself up
    I agree!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]It is all about opinions, its just that some people have had enough of people's opinions only consisting of knocking individuals.

I know i have.

Here here Three games does not make a terrible player - just astressed one who has no defence in front of him!