Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney Strikes

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Varney strikes at last or should I say again.

He played the full 90 mins for Derby and I notice that they were 3-0 down at half time. Coincidence ? :-)

Comments

• Options
    Steady on. You nearly gave me heart failure with that heading...
  • Options
    I don't think that Varney is really a frontman- he always looks better coming in from wide-prehaps thats his real position!
  • Options
    He runs around too much, there's no awareness to his game. He really annoyed me at Loftus Road, he was never making space for himself, always too close to Andy Grey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]there's no awareness to his game.
    was beginning to think that too, he likes to run the channels but they all seem to be dead ends.
  • Options
    More like he runs everywhere at 100 mph.

You try being balanced, composed and get your timing just right at break-neck speed.
    Sometimes you just have to stop and think first.
  • Options
    he'll outscore burton imo... maybe 2-1 or 1-0 over the rest of the season;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he'll outscore burton imo... maybe 2-1 or 1-0 over the rest of the season;-)

may well do, but i doubt he will link play as well as Burton did on Saturday.
  • Options
    burton is a link man but not a goalscorer and we're short of goalscorers... that half chance he didn't gamble on was a big mistake....i don't think burton is the answer to achieve goals... i don't know who is , it wasn't varney
  • Options
    is Varney eligible to play two weeks today?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he'll outscore burton imo... maybe 2-1 or 1-0 over the rest of the season;-)

may well do, but i doubt he will link play as well as Burton did on Saturday.

agree burton looked good and an acrobatic shot means i'll happily see him in the side next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The OS says:

Varney was also booked 15 minutes from time for simulation.

Blimey! Can't you get arrested for doing that in a public place?

:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]burton is a link man but not a goalscorer and we're short of goalscorers... that half chance he didn't gamble on was a big mistake....i don't think burton is the answer to achieve goals... i don't know who is , it wasn't varney

Very harsh.

he was running in a the far post ready to connect and the defender just got a nick on it to lift it up to waist height for Burton.

The Saints keeper even went to the defender and gave him a pat to say thanks.
  • Options
    Varney equalises against Palace 1-1.
  • Options
    Varney.
    Against Palace.
    Surely not.