Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parkinson - Im pleased with goalless draw.

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33331

Not much to be pleased about, before today saints were conceding goals for a laugh. They more than matched us today. Shit atmosphere except the Jimmy, boo boys out near me. Thoroughly crap afternoon, thanks again Charlton.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33331

Not much to be pleased about, before today saints were conceding goals for a laugh. They more than matched us today. Shit atmosphere except the Jimmy, boo boys out near me. Thoroughly crap afternoon, thanks again Charlton.

I'd go out again tonight and have a few more beers, if I were you Frank.

:o)
  • I like Parkinson's honesty. A manager telling it how it is gets respect from me.
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I like Parkinson's honesty. A manager telling it how it is gets respect from me.

Agreed.
  • That's two things we've agreed upon Oggy - people may start to talk ....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite][url]http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33331[/url]

Not much to be pleased about, before today saints were conceding goals for a laugh. They more than matched us today. Shit atmosphere except the Jimmy, boo boys out near me. Thoroughly crap afternoon, thanks again Charlton.[/quote]

I'd go out again tonight and have a few more beers, if I were you Frank.

:o)[/quote]

I am mate, just popped home to get changed as I have a mixture of tomato sauce and the valleys finest fizzy lager down the front of me!

I know the optimists will shoot me down but we really are not good enough for this league. Regardless of what stage of the season we at, your in the bottom 3, you got to beat the other fodder down their with you at home.
  • I thought the team put a shift in today and although we didn't win we took the first steps towards showing we can and will win games. Perhaps more importantly the players looked like they gave a shit today and that pleased me more than anything. Not sure if Parky is right man but i think he'll get the job and i'll back him 100%. I was disappointed we didn't win but its the first time in a long while that i've left the Valley feeling entertained and not pissed off with lots of the players. C'MON YOU ADDICKS!
  • is he still 7-1?
  • Thoroughly enjoyed it myslef....better than the dross we have been dished up lately....you just know that we are now going to go on a winning streak....Im off to Oz tomorrow, and back for the Palace game...so the Jonah is out of the country :-)
  • Tel please say you aint back for the Palace game mate... lol
  • totally disagree, Red Murph and CHG have had a great day, I thought we were good in the first half and not so good in the second half, fair result.
  • Sponsored links:

• We didnt concede 5 at home today and we didn't score but we had some chances and there goalkeeper was superb.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I thought the team put a shift in today and although we didn't win we took the first steps towards showing we can and will win games. Perhaps more importantly the players looked like they gave a shit today and that pleased me more than anything. Not sure if Parky is right man but i think he'll get the job and i'll back him 100%. I was disappointed we didn't win but its the first time in a long while that i've left the Valley feeling entertained and not pissed off with lots of the players. C'MON YOU ADDICKS!

Agree with you 100% mate, there is just the slightest light shining at the end of the tunnel
  • Well said GHE i can see positives from here on in it was never going to change over night
  • please..... facing a bottom team at home and scoreless is unacceptable..... if parky is that good, i bet we should win today..... Curbs, where are you now?
  • Slight diversion here chaps, but bear with me. Car conked out in pouring rain on M23 on way to match. Called AA and while waiting couple of lads in VW Golf stopped to help: they were Addicks from Brighton on way to Valley and had seen our car stickers etc. Couldn't fix it but gave March51 junior a lift to the game and brought him home. So many thanks to Pete & Dan from Brighton; don't know if they're Charlton Lifers but they certainly showed the old Charlton spirit of friendliness. Gather from jnr. things were encouraging today, now it's only 37 points wanted from 26 games. Recovery turned up after 2 hours; still raining.
  • [cite]Posted By: yung2368[/cite]please..... facing a bottom team at home and scoreless is unacceptable..... if parky is that good, i bet we should win today..... Curbs, where are you now?

Are you ignoring that we are a side desperately low on confidence who hadn't kept a clean sheet in months, up against a team who have won their last two away games. We are in transition, with players still bedding in and the difference that one week has made is noticeable so lets hope that we'll keep on improving and climbing the table as we go. I don't know what u expect? If you've watched us recently you know how cack we've been but Parky has at least instilled a bit of fire in the belly and even Cranie looked like a footballer today. To me Parky has simply returned to the old Charlton way: a dash of skill and a bucket of hard graft, and long may that continue as it WILL get results.
  • Hopefully Mart, hopefully

Time will tell if this is the start of a reconnaisance or another false down

We are all hopeful, but some of us just a little bit more realistic - as we need to be
  • parky parky parky. we will see...........
  • dont said"parky out" when we lost the next couple games (if he still in charge). face the truth folks---parky is another Leed......
  • "old wine new bottle" , nothing change......
  • Sponsored links:

• Today we achieved our first clean sheet since September - 13 matches ago. Kelvin Davis had an absolute blinder in the Southampton goal today, otherwise we would have been a couple up at half time. We could've done with a win really, but I enjoyed the game and thought it was an encouraging start.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Today we achieved our first clean sheet since September - 13 matches ago. Kelvin Davis had an absolute blinder in the Southampton goal today, otherwise we would have been a couple up at half time. We could've done with a win really, but I enjoyed the game and thought it was an encouraging start.

Amen to that Ali. I enjoyed the game too, one of the better 0-0's I've seen.
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Hopefully Mart, hopefully

Time will tell if this is the start of a reconnaisance or another false down

We are all hopeful, but some of us just a little bit more realistic - as we need to be

Supa i know some may think people like me are unrealistic at times but i always try for positives as if everyone gets on a downer it has a real effect on the atmosphere at the ground. Nobody is happy with the situation we're in but if i don't take some positives the wife will have to lock the medicine cabinet! I know you missed today but i can guarantee you'll be amazed at the Charlton side who will beat Coventry after getting at least a point at Blackpool! ;0)
  • edited November 2008
    First half we were excellent. Second half they shaded it partly I think because we began to doubt ourselves after failing to score thanks to 3 excellent saves by Kelvin Davies in the first half. The effect of confidence or lack thereof.

Very encouraging though given that half the team have hardly played for us or with each other. As they gain familiarity we should improve hopefully.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: yung2368[/cite]"old wine new bottle" , nothing change......[/quote]

ill have a bottle of whatever you're having...
  • Just our luck we come up against the keeper having his game of the season.

Just needed a little bit of luck today and we would've won.

Encouraging signs against QPR and today, but again we have only one point to show for it...
  • ''Encouraging signs against QPR and today, but again we have only one point to show for it... ''

Exactly, BRE. Repeat of what those of the rose-tinted persuasion told us after Argyle/Birmingham. Improved performances but still five points dropped out of six.

We should either show our confidence in the rose-tinted view now and confirm Parky . Or say, no it's not going to work and bring in someone new next week.

I've almost reached the point where I don't mind which. Just put an end to the drift and uncertainty of a caretakership. That's what the players want and then we at least set out our stall for the rest of the season and live or die by it. We either get 36 points from the next 26 games or we don't. But every game that passes in this continuing uncertainty , the target seems to get that little bit harder.
  • Lets have a look at things, performances are coming and so will the points, things will not happen straight away unfortunately, why is everybody so impatient?
  • We were solid, well organised, played decent football, and created enough chances to win most game.

Big up Parky, suppose Large Addick enjoyed the result though
  • We played with alot more heart than I've seen in a long time. Atmosphere was fine where I was. What do you bloody want FB, the Rome Derby every week? Some people just love to be miserable, jeez!