Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I like what Parky says.......

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
got his notes in the official programme right i feel:

"There have been many years of honest endeavour and skilled management, both at board level and on the football side, to establish Charlton's well-respected reputation throughout the game. After accepting the chairman's offer on Saturday night to take control of the team, my first job the following morning was to sit the players down and make sure they understood not only the seriousness of our plight, but also who and what we are representing.

I have asked Phil Chapple and Mark Kinsella to come and work alongside me with the first team. I feel this is very important as both Mark and Phil have a clear understanding of this club and what it means to represent Charlton Athletic, and i want them to transmit that to the players.

We are all realistic. Good displays are not good enough without adding points to our tally, and we know we need to start winning games"

Comments

• Reasons to be cheerfull, onwards and upwards.
  • Let's hope we can play our part and get behind the team, we're all in this together - aren't we?

I posted on another thread .....best thing Parky, Kins & co can do, is to get the players to rebuild the relationship with supporters at the game.

Let's have them coming to the Covered End before and after the game.
  • talks is cheap and action speak louder than words.

Pardew came out with some good stuff at the beginning of his reign as well.

Admittedly Park's sounds good and lets hope he does the biz
  • Sounds good, fingers crossed for some good points over the next month, Good luck to Parky and the boys.
  • was going to post something similar AFKA - some food for thought and I hope all fans read his piece

Also impressed with Kinsella's comments

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!