Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton and McFingy straight in the 16- Racon a doubt...

2»

Comments

• Options
    'I would rather they got the decision right rather than make the decision quick and sometimes you can't do both.'

In a way they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They took their time over Dowie and got it wrong. They appointed Reed quickly and got it wrong. They appointed Pards once he became available and got it wrong. Obviously we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, don't know if Parky is even being considered, don't know how close an appointment is. However, a quick decision doesn't mean it will be a wrong decision just as taking your time doesn't mean you will get it right. In the meantime it's obvious we are going to debate the why's and wherefore's.
  • Options
    But Henry they should surely have been in a position to take an immediate decison that was not rushed or panic-driven because the writing had been on the wall for Pardew since Barnsley (and probably even before that). It's called forward planning...

If the ex-players turned pundits say that the uncertainty of caretakers/trial managers is the one thing that professional footballers hate above almost all else (which I've heard several of them say in regard to our current plight), then I believe them.

If Parky fails his 'trial' where are we then ? Another who knows how many games down the road and still in the drop zone and trying to start rebuilding all over again from an even worse base. That said, of course I hope he gets us seven points from the next three games. But we need strategic thinking , not just some kind of vague hope-for-the-best mentality.
  • Options
    From Barnsley at least the writing was on the wall so they should have been privately giving the question of a successor some serious thought, perhaps even discreet enquiries as to availability/interest. You can't tell me Watford sacked Boothroyd and then sat down to think about a successor. Whether Brendan Rogers turns out a bit an astute appointmnet or not they had obviously given it a lot of thought before sacking Boothroyd and so were able to make an appointmnet fairly quickly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]perhaps even discreet enquiries as to availability/interest

Yeah because breaking the law is a really good idea. Having to pay pards exrta compo, just what we need.