Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friday thoughts

"It would be hard to say whether the jukebox caused the death of human speech or whether music came to fill an already widening void - but unless the music is stopped now, the human race, mumbling, snapping its fingers and twitching its hips, will sink back into an amoebic state, where it will take a coagulation of hundreds of teenagers to make up a single unit of vital force - which, once formed, will only live on sedatives, consume itself on the terraces of football stadia, and die."

Quinten Crisp.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like an educated version of Pardew-speak.

:o)
  • Options
    H, John Hurt is bringing back Quinten for the Beeb this crimbo.
  • Options
    You missed out ...

I have been to bars in Soho, whose denizens have crossed social and geographical barriers to reach them. In one, I have seen a girl sitting amid musical pandemonium with a book open on her knees and her little finger entwined with that of her true love. Of course, she was not really listening, not really reading and not communicating with her friend in any way that required effort or style.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]You missed out ...

I have been to bars in Soho, whose denizens have crossed social and geographical barriers to reach them. In one, I have seen a girl sitting amid musical pandemonium with a book open on her knees and her little finger entwined with that of her true love. Of course, she was not really listening, not really reading and not communicating with her friend in any way that required effort or style.

Thanks, couldn't remember that bit : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]H, John Hurt is bringing back Quinten for the Beeb this crimbo.

Really? in what way.
  • Options
    Here u go H...

News link
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the jukebox, I think we've outlived haven't we?
  • Options
    video juke boxes now mainly, still got a good one in the nags head in welling.
  • Options
    I heard Video got 15 years for killing the radio star
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Geezer sounds like a right tool