Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guns and Roses

Anyone else looking forward to the new Guns and Roses album? have herd a few snippets, sounds bloody good!!! just hope it lives up to the hype!!

guns-n-roses.jpg

Comments

• unsurprisingly NO!
  • Loved the real G n R way back, although I am a calm happy person I do like my music loud so yes
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]unsurprisingly NO!

Really H ?? i thought there was a rocker in you somewhere.. ;-)
  • yep lets hope it is a classic they were fecking awsume in the day
  • edited November 2008
    There is which is why I don't like metal ; - )
  • I heard one song and it sounded extremely overproduced and not worth the wait. Sorry!
  • edited November 2008
    H, so your more of an Ace Cafe man than Intrepid Fox man?
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Loved the real G n R way back, although I am a calm happy person I do like my music loud so yes

I saw Guns and Roses at the Hollywood Bowl in 1991...Awesome
  • first gig i ever went to was guns n roses at wembley stadium in 92, support from faith no more and soundgarden. awesome indeed.
  • edited November 2008
    More CBGBs and the Marquee
  • Sponsored links:

• Iggy and the stoogies?

Ramones..?

Velvet underground?
  • Stooges a bit too metal for me but Patti, Ramones, Modern Lovers, NY Dolls and the Velvets who are the best band in the world along with The Band and Jimmy Miller era Stones
  • Good shouts there Ben, never been tempted by the darker side of rock then? If it was not for nearly all the bands you mentioned there would never have been bands like i follow ie: Green Day, system of a down etc they all have paid dues to the guys you mentioned at some point in there careers.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Good shouts there Ben, never been tempted by the darker side of rock then? If it was not for nearly all the bands you mentioned there would never have been bands like i follow ie: Green Day, system of a down etc they all have paid dues to the guys you mentioned at some point in there careers.

Can't blame those bands for some of the rubbish that followed. Like blaming Gram Parsons for the Eagles.

I like a three minute pop song not 30 minute guitar solos or lyrics about wizards or fast cars. Even the name and album covers for GNR put me off.
  • Have any of you younger popsters ever listen to the Velvet Underground?

I wonder what people raised on the bands they influenced - or the bands that were influenced by the bands they influenced like Bowie and Roxy - make of them?
  • H do you mean what Stiff little fingers would make of Green day, or what the Pixies think of Oasis ? or Half Man Half buisicuit would make of The Kaiser Cheifs.
  • Velvet Revolver vs the new G & R. Most of the former members of Guns are involved with that band other than Axel. G & R is not Guns without Slash. Love Slash but not a fan of the Velvet Revolver's front man. Slash's book is a bloody good read. His opinion of Axel wasn't exactly high though.
  • Slash IS my Hero

the booze, the fags, the hat, the hair, the guitar, i wanted it all now i aint even got the hair let alone the rest
  • Guns & Roses? Not for me. More like Arctic Monkeys and Oasis etc. ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]first gig i ever went to was guns n roses at wembley stadium in 92, support from faith no more and soundgarden. awesome indeed.
    Bloody hell!
  • Sponsored links:

• Callum they were fecking blinding mate back in the day real hero worshipping band

the bollox live, Milton keynes bowl was the best day out in my non footie life
  • I've heard Sco has had this on pre-order for aaaaages...
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]H do you mean what Stiff little fingers would make of Green day, or what the Pixies think of Oasis ? or Half Man Half buisicuit would make of The Kaiser Cheifs.

Didn't they make the Green Day Stiff Little Finger Joke in the Hi Fidelity film.
  • no it wasnt a joke, it was when the quite guy was chatting up the women from Roseane, he said they were the band Green Day based them selfs on he plays an old vinyl, them some joe in the store stays "hey is this the new greenday" then they chuckle.. so kind of a joke..
  • As it says in that article, Slash and Axl were the real stumbling blocks as Slash once said it would take about a year of therapy to even get them in the same room together. Izzy quit the band a long time ago and doesn't seem to miss it at all. Steven was fired for drugs misuse (which, in that band, is really saying something) and if you've seen any interviews with him you'll see that he's still completely fucked up, even if he's not using anymore. So I'm not surprised that Izzy and Steven are not involved but personally I'd give the tour a miss anyway as I don't fancy paying christ knows how much for a ticket only for Axl to show up 3 hours late (if at all).
  • Rizzo said:

As it says in that article, Slash and Axl were the real stumbling blocks as Slash once said it would take about a year of therapy to even get them in the same room together. Izzy quit the band a long time ago and doesn't seem to miss it at all. Steven was fired for drugs misuse (which, in that band, is really saying something) and if you've seen any interviews with him you'll see that he's still completely fucked up, even if he's not using anymore. So I'm not surprised that Izzy and Steven are not involved but personally I'd give the tour a miss anyway as I don't fancy paying christ knows how much for a ticket only for Axl to show up 3 hours late (if at all).
    This 100%
  • Rizzo said:

As it says in that article, Slash and Axl were the real stumbling blocks as Slash once said it would take about a year of therapy to even get them in the same room together. Izzy quit the band a long time ago and doesn't seem to miss it at all. Steven was fired for drugs misuse (which, in that band, is really saying something) and if you've seen any interviews with him you'll see that he's still completely fucked up, even if he's not using anymore. So I'm not surprised that Izzy and Steven are not involved but personally I'd give the tour a miss anyway as I don't fancy paying christ knows how much for a ticket only for Axl to show up 3 hours late (if at all).
    Steve destroyed himself with drugs. Did so much Coke and heroin he suffered a stroke.

Izzy never really liked fame as he was in the original velvet revolver line up until they got a record deal and left.

I've heard axl and slash don't talk but more because they just don't need to. Apparently there isn't much hatred between the two and its overplayed by the media. They just both have zero interest in knowing each other.
  • More importantly where has @adamtheaddick gone ?