Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Years Eve - Options?

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
With 6 weeks to go, anyone decided what they are doing and where they are going?

is there free train travel again around london? does that count going into town as well as coming out?

Comments

• Options
    Staying in......I have lost interest in going out on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.

I am clearly getting old ..........
  • Options
    I'm more of an Xmas Eve man rather that NYE.

I'm sure it will be a house party as they seem to be the cheapest and most fun option anyway!
  • Options
    Nothing planned...not been out for Xmas and NYE for ages...sad old git syndrome :)
  • Options
    just shelved plans for a week in Lanzagrots for this new year which is depressing.

Normally go somewhere nice out in the country but thought we would go hot this year as have the whole christmas off.... but need to be a bit sensible with money.

There will be some good cottages to rent for the 3-4 days if you get enough of you. much better than staying in town.
  • Options
    Prefer Xmas Eve drink myself, although going to In-laws for party, would rather stay in or just stroll up the road to my local Legion club to be honest
  • Options
    nothing planned yet
  • Options
    I used to have a big night out for xmas eve, but haven't done much for the last 3 years. last year i was cooking the dinner so wanted to be fresh to get up and sort the turkey out!

we're thinking house party on new years eve but les is off put by the clearing up on new years day.
  • Options
    Thailand!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I used to have a big night out for xmas eve, but haven't done much for the last 3 years. last year i was cooking the dinner so wanted to be fresh to get up and sort the turkey out!

we're thinking house party on new years eve but les is off put by the clearing up on new years day.

We put our turkey in on xmas eve night, on a very, very low heat, fantastic smell of turkey in the morning when you get up, and just whack the heat up nearer the time, job done and you know it will be cooked throughout properly.
  • Options
    Don't fancy Matter then Suzi?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nothing beats the smell of turkey on xmas morning. New years eve has been a real let down as you get older. we used to have blinding ones when i was a kid. Used to go to realatives house on Eastcombe avenue and they would get the bag pipes and drums going was blinding. now am an adult i refuse to pay to go to a pub to spend money behind the bar. had a god awful news years a fews back at the walnuts place near deja vous. probably be at mum and dads with the family plenty of hooch and jools holland on the box with some fireworks at midnight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Don't fancy Matter then Suzi?

hmmm..... NOPE!

I think my clubbing days are over (not that they really started - apart from the venue) can't say its the best way to spend a night, let alone on nye in a sweaty club, with drugged up people, a nightmare to get home and £4 a drink. I'd rather sit in my pj's with a bottle of wine at home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I used to have a big night out for xmas eve, but haven't done much for the last 3 years. last year i was cooking the dinner so wanted to be fresh to get up and sort the turkey out!

We put our turkey in on xmas eve night, on a very, very low heat, fantastic smell of turkey in the morning when you get up, and just whack the heat up nearer the time, job done and you know it will be cooked throughout properly.

yes, thats what i do, hence why i didn't go out last xmas eve cos i didn't want to arrange that drunk :-)
  • Options
    Can't beat waking up to the smell of turkey... we wrap ours in bacon too, so have cracking bacon sarnies xmas morning. Yum!

As for NYE, think we'll be at home this year. Can't think why!
  • Options
    On the Alps skiing for new year praying for decent snowfall!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]we're thinking house party on new years eve but les is off put by the clearing up on new years day.

NO! Party time - you know it makes sense!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]nothing beats the smell of turkey on xmas morning. New years eve has been a real let down as you get older. we used to have blinding ones when i was a kid. Used to go to realatives house on Eastcombe avenue and they would get the bag pipes and drums going was blinding. now am an adult i refuse to pay to go to a pub to spend money behind the bar. had a god awful news years a fews back at the walnuts place near deja vous. probably be at mum and dads with the family plenty of hooch and jools holland on the box with some fireworks at midnight.

I did that years ago on Eastcombe Avenue, about 1989 I think, remember shinning up a lamppost, the Jock family coming out with the pipes was a bit of a tradition as I remember
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]Thailand!!

Me, NorthstandUltra and the rest of the Cookie Clan are off to the Dominican Republic - Fly out on Xmas Morning and don't come back until the 9th Jan! So that's New Year Sorted for us.
  • Options
    It was DA9, would be bang on around that time. from when i was born 1980 upto around 1990 we were there every year. was brilliant all the neighbours would come out and have a dance, not sure if Ms whiplash ever poped down for a highland fling tho..
  • Options
    You're all mad, the smell of Turkey cooking is one of the most rank awful smells there is, Cooked turkey smells fantastic but that slightly damp decaying carcuss smell of when it's cooking *dry heaves*

I always prefered Xmas Eve drinks but we have a baby this year so i imagine it'll be getting smashed in front of the TV watching Elf and Bad Santa. Going round friends on NYE who also have a baby, we'll both be asleep by 9pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adam - didnt miss whiplash live in victoria way? but you mean where victoria way meets eastcombe ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]It was DA9, would be bang on around that time. from when i was born 1980 upto around 1990 we were there every year. was brilliant all the neighbours would come out and have a dance, not sure if Ms whiplash ever poped down for a highland fling tho..

I'm sure she must of taken an interest, always remember she had loads of cctv outside her house, didn't live there myself, but close friends did (dont know if you remember poor little Joanne Eddison?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Adam - didnt miss whiplash live in victoria way? but you mean where victoria way meets eastcombe ?

No she was Eastcombe Avenue, around the corner on the right hand side of the bend at the bottom if you were coming from the standard
  • Options
    not really mate to be honest, what happend to her? would often see all sorts of blokes going in there wasnt till older when we found out what is was that the penny dropped, sadly i think it had gone by the time we would have been alowed in... ;-),
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]not really mate to be honest, what happend to her? would often see all sorts of blokes going in there wasnt till older when we found out what is was that the penny dropped, sadly i think it had gone by the time we would have been alowed in... ;-),

Dont worry, it was nothing to do with whiplash :-)
  • Options
    DA9, was she the poor girl who they found on the railway? the phone stoped ringing so i could have a good think back..
  • Options
    okay strange, i thought there was a Madamme that lived in victoria way and who made the papers back in the day?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]DA9, was she the poor girl who they found on the railway? the phone stoped ringing so i could have a good think back..

Yes fella, anyway, lets keep this topic cheery
    :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Can't beat waking up to the smell of turkey... we wrap ours in bacon too, so have cracking bacon sarnies xmas morning. Yum!

As for NYE, think we'll be at home this year. Can't think why!

I'm glad you've mastered it after asking for instructions on xmas eve a few years ago on how to cook a turkey! nothing like leaving it till the last minute!
  • Options
    Im going to go to the middel of nowhere with a couple of tents a load of booze a barby and some fishing rods......

cant wait....