Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Info needed re curry houses brick lane

My dept are being taken out tonight for a curry down brick lane.

I haven't been down there for a few years!

Anyone got any favorite curry houses?

Comments

• Is the Halal still there?
  • Go to The London bridge Tandoori instead..............if you want to be ill tomorrow..lol
  • Get em into a cab and go to Lahore Kebab House on Umberston Street.

Easily best food in London.
  • Best curry down brick lane is called Popadoms. Been there loads its great, ask to be seated up stairs when you arrive. DONT GO IN CHUTNEYS
  • Whatever you do,DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT eat in any of the following:

The Clifton

Shampan

Shampan II

All are owned by the same person. The Clifton was featured on 'Rogue Restaurants' on BBC1 a while back.

My mate who lives on Brick Lane ate there several times before seeing the programme.

It had undercover footage of the chefs washing their feet in the sink, and coughing up god-knows-what into the sinks also.

Been taking the piss out of him asking how his Bunion Bahjee was??!!
  • Always have a great ruby down Brick lane.
    Problem is i'm normally three sheets to the wind by the time i get there.

Names? not a scooby.
  • Best Curry house I have ever been to is the bengal clipper
    its up a cobbled street behind tower bridge and is absoloutley fantastic!

www.bengalclipper.co.uk
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Get em into a cab and go to Lahore Kebab House on Umberston Street.

Very true for curys but if you want the lamb Chops you have to go to Tayyabs
  • Thanks Fellas for the info!

Anyone for a cobra?
  • [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Get em into a cab and go to Lahore Kebab House on Umberston Street.

fieldgate st - marvellous
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Get em into a cab and go to Lahore Kebab House on Umberston Street.

Agreed the lahore is top notch, some of the guys at work went to Tayyabs the other week, food was good but service was awful, very overcrowded apparently suffering from winning a 'top curry house' award
  • Is Tayyabs the one that was given all the publicity in the media last month??
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Is Tayyabs the one that was given all the publicity in the media last month??
    yes, that's why the guys at work gave it a try (I couldn't go, previous commitment). When the media hype dies down we'll be going back.