Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poll: Scott Parker in England squad

A random poll for no apparant reason

Comments

• Options
    Hope he plays and has a nightmare, sent off would be good.

Still can't forgive him for his attitude when he left.
  • Options
    Couldn't give a shit either way.
  • Options
    I had just about got round to forgiving him, and then i discover he recommended Amdy Faye to us..........
  • Options
    I'm still bitter about him and think I always will be. Surely Carrick is miles better than him. He's half the player he was when he left us now.

Baby Bent on the other hand would love to see him come on and show exactly what he can do and why it was such a mistake leaving him out of the squad when England had a lack of fit quaility strikers. The lil git Defoe was unfortunately a better option but they both should have been named in the squad.

Am not overly fussed about England though its normally club over country just remember being angry at the time that he was overlooked.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Hope he plays and has a nightmare, sent off would be good.

Still can't forgive him for his attitude when he left.

Can't agree more.
  • Options
    I ain't frigged about Parker.

The transfer money was very nice but his departure started the haemorrage which eventually put us down 4 (how many!!!) years later.
  • Options
    Time heals all ....eventually !
  • Options
    Pretty much agree with everything Fraggle said. Not fussed about Parker at all he's half the player he could have been and I'd love to see Bent do well though

As a side note when Bent wasn't picked in the England squad for Germany 06, I was so pissed off i booked a holiday for the duration of tournament and didn't see an England game, never really felt the same way about the national side ever since... only in the rational of a football fan would that make sense!
  • Options
    Don't care anymore - 4 years ago hw was a world beater, but now he is just another squad player. He'll never recapture the form he was in when he left us.
  • Options
    I hope he doesn't play because he is not international class and with him in the team we'll be weaker plus the fact I will be there and don't want us to lose which I think we will with him in the team/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I had just about got round to forgiving him, and then i discover he recommended Amdy Faye to us..........

Now i voted before reading that change to hope he has a mare!
  • Options
    Oh what might have been both for ourselves as a club and Scott Parker.

Neither of us have properly fulfilled our potential since his departure in January 2004.

I want England to do well therefore, by definition, if he plays I want Scott Parker to do well.

However I no longer have much interest in Scott Parker as an individual. I am only interested in the success of the England team.
  • Options
    to be honest i'm a bitter and twisted individual

if he steps on that pitch, especially after a fair few beers i will almost certainly give him a boo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]to be honest i'm a bitter and twisted individual

if he steps on that pitch, especially after a fair few beers i will almost certainly give him a boo!

Ha Ha Ha...LOL ISLS......I love a man who says and does what he thinks...I'd be right there with ya mate!
  • Options
    Loving Benty being back in though
  • Options
    The only upside to the whole sage of him leaving us in the manner that he did, and we as a club have fallen down (and still falling) since, is the fact that his career has never reached the heights it should have. What a shame.
  • Options
    January 2004 was a defining time for me

For a few good memorable reasons and for a couple of bad ones

Parker leaving for fucking ruski chelski was a bad one

Knowing we were not ever going to replace him in the side we had in which he was pivitol a bit of a pisser

Seeing the greedy wee shit have a nugget of a career since has not really made up for that but I could not give a monkeys for one of our has beens
  • Options
    Little shite , hope he breaks his leg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Loved watching him play for us and he always gave 100 per cent.

Then Chelsea came in and turned a young boy's head with offers of silly money and promises of Champions league. I can understand and forgive that and it canot outweigh the great things he did in a Charlton shirt.

I remain proud that he was a Charlton product and if he runs out on the pitch for England tonight I shall proudly tell everyone in earshot, ''Charlton boy, you know.''

There's no place for some of the bitterness above, imo. Even when he left, it's not as though he refused to play for us. My memory is that Curbs dropped him and even banned him from training ground, saying his "attitude" wasn't right. Hardly surprising that he was destabilised (which was surely what Chelski deliberately set out to do). But if he had been picked, the moment he had taken the pitch in a CAFC shirt, I'm sure he would have given it everything for us. I don't think he's a player who knows how to give less than 100 per cent, whoever he is playing for.

As for his departure being the starting point in our slide, it was surely a lot more complicated than that. And other departures since - such as Andy Reid - have arguably had a far more deleterious effect.

Final point. In the end the club got very good money for him. We received £10m from Chelski. 15 appearances later, they sold him on for just £6.5 million.

ps on edit: hope my memory is right here , but didn't we sell him on the last day of the Jan transfer window? So the worst thing about his departure was not just the loss of a great player, but a sale maladroitly timed to prevent us strengthening the squad with the huge amount of money we received for him...
  • Options
    Gone dislocated Walcotts shoulder now, what a d*ck head!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it was more that our chance evaporated......

Alan hansen, yes Alan hansen said that he could see us staying in the Champs league the way we were playing .....

now for a charlton fan to actually see proper and real recognition is incredibly and rare and in the main stream media as well... we struggled throuhg and got seventh, but man we would have definately made europe and I think we had a decent chance of doing something even better, we were bloodying everyones nose in the process.... and those Fecking smug riched up russain oil bestards turned our lynch pin, the ONE player we couldnt do with out , AND he was born and bred charlton.....

I was in Aus at the time, but I was almost gonna come home to try and put a stop to it ...... feck knows if it would have made any difference I would have.....

it was the representation of the dream that was lost and the beginning of curbishleys heart or dream shall we say breaking and him just keeping us in the league ........

a complete and unadulterated disaster that could well be the reason that we will be floating around in obscurity until another messiah comes....

I thought he was absolute majic.....

oooh scotty parker....

ruined it for EVERYONE
  • Options
    Well he certainly ruined it for Scott Parker, given what subsequently happened to him .

And yes, we might have got a champions league place had he stayed. But we might have had an even better chance of that if he had been sold in time for us to spend the money and strengthen the squad with two £5 million players to replace him.
  • Options
    Heard recently Ericsson would have picked him for the WC squad had he stayed here.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Well he certainly ruined it for Scott Parker, given what subsequently happened to him .

And yes, we might have got a champions league place had he stayed. But we might have had an even better chance of that if he had been sold in time for us to spend the money and strengthen the squad with two £5 million players to replace him.[/quote]

christ that does sting a bit.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Loved watching him play for us and he always gave 100 per cent.

Then Chelsea came in and turned a young boy's head with offers of silly money and promises of Champions league. I can understand and forgive that and it canot outweigh the great things he did in a Charlton shirt.

I remain proud that he was a Charlton product and if he runs out on the pitch for England tonight I shall proudly tell everyone in earshot, ''Charlton boy, you know.''

gotta agree with this i have to say (cue hate mail ;)