Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mirror are reporting Ian Harte to sign

2»

Comments

• I always liked him - would be interesting to see if he can play a 10 yard pass to feet since that seems to be Youga's nemesis whenever I see him
  • At least we can't complain that he's inexperienced.
  • Fortune's coming back though! ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Does it matter ?

Players like Harte will always attract opposing views. Slow and past it, or experienced and cultured.

None of it matters a jot. The proof will be in the pudding as they say, and its on these decisions the manager will be judged whether he was right to bring him in.

Agree. Not even signed yet as far as I can tell and may never do.
  • no he was talking about you and mortimercian bickering
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]no he was talking about you and mortimercian bickering

I don't bicker! I debate : - )
  • Apparently he has turned us down. Leeds paying more money.
  • Not sure how much to look into this:

From the Kent Messenger:

Addicks hit by Harte U-turn

by Tony Hudd

Republic of Ireland international defender Ian Harte has had second thoughts about joining Charlton after agreeing a two-month contract.

The 31-year-old former Leeds and Sunderland left-back was expected to sign on Tuesday morning only to have a sudden change of heart.

He was earmarked to become the club's second signing in 24 hours following the loan capture of 18-year-old Sunderland striker Martyn Waghorn.

Harte played for Charlton Reserves in Monday night's 4-3 defeat by Crystal Palace.

Included in the Charlton team was former Southampton defender Darren Powell. Long-term injury casualties Jonathan Fortune and Therry Racon made their comebacks in the game.
  • It just gets worse...oh well, roll on Saturday :)
  • Sponsored links:

• He hasn't the Harte obv.
  • Is there any update on this - has he defintely decided against joining us?

He's clearly looking for a club else he would not have come on trial.

Has what he's seen of the current Charlton set-up made him decide that no club and no wages is actually a better life than the one on offer in SE7 ???

Or did he feel the money we offered was beneath his dignity?

Anybody know what's behind the rather bizarre twists and turns of this story?
  • edited November 2008
    He more than likley looked at the current state of affairs at Charlton and thought a short term contract wasn't worth it
  • didn't he do a similar thing at the start of the year at Wolves???
  • Pards today said this deal wasn't dead yet.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Pards today said this deal wasn't dead yet.

That's only because he's so slow even Pards is quicker than him and he caught him up and locked him in when he tried to run away! :-)
  • o my God Pards quick mate save the deal please. We musnt loose out on a player who cant get in a team playing in a lower league. stunning "o but he hasnt kicked a ball yet -- bollox" ------------ this is the only level we can get we are down and dusted !