Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spooks

BDLBDL
edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
Cracking entertainment as usual, one thing that Auntie does really well - How close to reality was tonight's episode?

Comments

• Not having worked for MI5 couldn't really say :-)

But it is a brilliantly crafted bit of tv, as you say something the beeb does very very well.

Much better that the shower of shite being served up on our MG's channel...
  • Next week's episode (the one that was on BBC3 tonight) has some rather familiar locations.
  • smashing series, i work nights thank god for bbc iplayer..
  • Lots of scenes based around the Valley... Floyd Road, the Valley Cafe etc...
  • haha, i remember from Ali saying last week so i kept an eagle eye out. And there was the Valley Cafe, floyd road, - the floyd road bins made me laugh turning left onto charlton church lane and charlton road.

They do like that area for filming as they filmed in Lansdowne Lane a few years back in one of the houses as we were asked to keep the roads clear if possible for the vans.
  • Was last night's episode the one with the boy and his Mum?

If so, i've just watched it on the iPlayer (not very busy at work!) and it was quality.

that's the first one i've seen for years, wish i'd watched the rest of them now.
  • For episode 7, they filmed in my Nan's flat. She lives in Rotherhithe and the company that makes Spooks have their office just down the road. They stayed there all day for what will probably be a 30 second clip. Absolutely professional job from all involved, they put everything back where it was and the on set electrician even fixed the dodgy from room lampshade that had been giving my Nan gyp for about the past two years.
  • yes dansmudge, that was the one.

So i thought they must have been fairly local firm. Why did they chose your nans flat specifically?
  • [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]For episode 7, they filmed in my Nan's flat. She lives in Rotherhithe and the company that makes Spooks have their office just down the road. They stayed there all day for what will probably be a 30 second clip. Absolutely professional job from all involved, they put everything back where it was and the on set electrician even fixed the dodgy from room lampshade that had been giving my Nan gyp for about the past two years.

That wasn't your Nan on the One show last night was it? They showed how they used a flat for a Spooks location shoot and how they put it all right afterwards.
  • DA9DA9
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Lots of scenes based around the Valley... Floyd Road, the Valley Cafe etc...

Saw that, thought I recognised Floyd Road when he pulled up, then you see the Valley Cafe as he tears off when compromised and turns left up Church Lane.

The scenes on his bike when the paparazzo was shot were done on the Ferrier Estate, my old square in fact, Dando Crescent.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]For episode 7, they filmed in my Nan's flat. She lives in Rotherhithe and the company that makes Spooks have their office just down the road. They stayed there all day for what will probably be a 30 second clip. Absolutely professional job from all involved, they put everything back where it was and the on set electrician even fixed the dodgy from room lampshade that had been giving my Nan gyp for about the past two years.[/quote]

That wasn't your Nan on the One show last night was it? They showed how they used a flat for a Spooks location shoot and how they put it all right afterwards.[/quote]

Sorry, I never saw it- well there's only so much Adrian Chiles one can stomach! I'll ask around the office and see if anyone here saw it. Cheers.
  • but tommy - wouldnt your nan have told you if she had been on the ONe show!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but tommy - wouldnt your nan have told you if she had been on the ONe show![/quote]

Ah, did they interview the old dear in question then? If so it weren't my Nan! Anyway, episode 7 is next week so have a look out for it.
  • Tonights episode was the best ever. It just gets better and better. If you are a fan and missed it, watch it on iPlayer. It really was an unmissable episode.
  • This has to be the best series ever.

It was absolutely stunning.
  • There was an audible "no, you can't do that!" over here at that bit in the archive room.
  • top programmes top story line looks even better in the next
  • But surely there are more than just five or six people working for MI5?
  • Bump!

Bloody BBC, almost missed this - I didn't see any promotion at all!
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Bump!

Bloody BBC, almost missed this - I didn't see any promotion at all!

Its been advertised, you must have just missed them. Still worth watching.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spooks is a great show but last night's episode on BBC1 had an unbelievable storyline. As an ex MN person I do know a bit about ships and there is no way a ship of that size could have gone undetected from Gibraltar Straits to Plymouth, also it would take about 3 days not the one day they showed.

So whilst I enjoy the show I do wonder how many mistakes they make in the detail.
  • Saw them filming this for several days in Cator/Trewsbury Road, Sydenham, over 2 weeks afew months back.