Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

free anti virus

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
Does anyone know where i can get a reliable free anti virus online?

Comments

• Options
    try filehippo.com

a few choices but i have avg8 and its ok.
  • Options
    I also use AVG. If you log on their site you can get a 30 day free trial. I bought the internet security package, about £40 for two years. It's a pretty good deal, I would be wary of any site offering completely free comprehensive internet security.
  • Options
    just tried that avg8 and it said file corrupt? god i wish i was a computer geek at times like these. I
  • Options
    filehippo has never let me down. Make sure you click 'download latest version' after you've clicked on avg8.

Avast is supposed to be ok too.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Stick with avg if you can- very good

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

make sure it's the free one.. No time limited offer or the like..
  • Options
    CLAMWIN
  • Options
    Avg seems to be the best that we have tried....better than Sophos and that used to cost me a fortune
  • Options
    I reccomend AVG too - I have used it free for years and its never let me down.
  • Options
    I'm now using Avast as a result of a recomendation on here. V.Happy with it so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I also recommend Avast. Free and very good.
  • Options
    Recommend Avast as well, did have AVG which was also good but it repeatedly failed to update the software on my PC.
    Zonealarm is a good free firewall.
  • Options
    AVAST..Used it for a couple of years and had no probs at all................crap cleaner for the spam and cokkie cleaning function is also free.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Avast simple to use...no problems at all used for about two years or so.
    Like it because it does the job, updates regularly and doesn't try to be clever and confusing...whilst working merrily away in the background without being intrusive.
  • Options
    Go with AVG free one - I use it as recomended by a mate who runs his own IT company
    Says he obviously wouldn't recomend using it commercially (as he gets no wonga) but uses it himself!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    not exacly anti-virus but AdAware is pretty good

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/3000-8022_4-10045910.html

Picks up spyware really well