Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the pilot inn

looks like our office is having a christmas lunch there.
anyone eaten in there?

Comments

• Options
    It used to do fantasticc pub grub, sunday lunches in particular. It's been a while since I was last in there but I did hear that it was being taken over by one of the pub chains so not sure what it's like now.
  • Options
    The Sunday lunches can be very hit and miss to be honest.

Its a fullers pub. the fish and chips is decent but i had a risotto in there in the summer and it tasted off well... just plain boiled rice.
  • Options
    Yeah, really, really good English roast dinner style food etc, great place to eat.

Never park your car there in the morning and get the tube from the dome to work though.... on your return there will be a ..........Note asking you to "not park here again!"
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  • Options
    Was bought by Fullers about 3/4 years ago, although the staff haven't changed. Last time I looked, there was a fair bit of Charlton memorabilia in there too.
  • Options
    and raspy wench being the jump too
  • Options
    It's a decent little pub though if memory serves I found it a little bit on the pricey side. It's been a while since I've eaten there but it always seems busy so it can't that bad.
  • Options
    Went down the other Sunday - lovely pub, nice beer and food. The staff were really friendly too.
  • Options
    Used to meet up there for the West Ham away games;
    the Boxing day (5-0) led into a massive session- me and Slacks had to get me dad over from Sydenham to get us home (apparently).
  • Options
    Looks like it's being converted into flats or something to me . Anyone know ?
  • Options
    I was told by the manager that the pub is having a total revamp, and will be back open before Xmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rip off for a drink in there, always has been
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Rip off for a drink in there, always has been

Nice Sunday Roast though.
  • Options
    How much is a pint in there then?