Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reg Varney RIP

Reg Varney who played Stan Butler in "On the buses" passed away today aged 92.

Classic british sitcom. RIP Reg

Comments

• Blimey,we were talking about him at work last week. RIP
  • "I hate you Butler"
    I grew up with "On the Buses" I loved it.
    RIP
  • Poor old Reg. That lecherous laugh he had. Still 92 ain't a bad innings.

I used to fancy Olive

Nah, not really......(!)

;o)
  • Another figure from my youth has passed on.

On The Buses was probably his most well known series but a few years earlier he was excellent in The Rag Trade too.

RIP
  • edited November 2008
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I can see why you would??

http://www.theglobalstrongtrust.com/files/images/anna_0.preview.jpg[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_342553 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]Olive.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Wheres Fishnets when you need him?:-)
  • Watch it Len, your talking about Oggy's woman ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Watch it Len, your talking about Oggy's woman ;-)

Erm, ..... I don't think so - my lady person would be mortified if I said she looked like Olive, lol
    Mind you, absolutely one for Fishnets.

Oi, Fishy, Would Ya....?

;o)
  • Michael Robbins, the guy who played Olive's other half was from Welling.

Went to my old school.

"You great lump. . . ."
  • Only two left now, Stephen Lewis and Anna Karen.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Only two left now, Stephen Lewis and Anna Karen.

Indeed, poor old Bob Grant who played Jack the conductor took his own life a few years ago.

I saw the lot of them in a Pantomime at Catford Town Hall (now Lewisham Theatre) in the 70's. Well Stan, Olive, Jack and Blakey anyway.

Trivia question - Which then well known footballer appeared in an episode of On The Buses? No googleing.
  • R.I.P

been watching these recently

Classic British TV
  • Rodney Marsh?
  • Old Stan has finally reached the cemetary gates.
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Rodney Marsh?

Nope.......
  • That picture is from the movie Holiday On The Buses. There's a brilliant scene in which she dives into the pool loosing her bikini bottoms and leaving Blakey to comment, "It's like the moon coming over the mountains". Cracking stuff - they don't make 'em like that anymore.

As for Reg, I was really sad when I read that. Can't believe he was 92 though.
  • I saw Reg a couple of times in the Lamb in Leadenhall Market. He was a mate of the landlord. They even had his picture behind the bar, along with John Wayne. Now there are two contrasting celebrities!

As a genukne fan I shall be showing Holiday On The Buses as a tribute in my cafe/bar today. That should drag the punters in.

RIP Reg.
  • First person to use a cash machine I believe....

Olive?....I've had worse...

RIP.
  • First person to use a cash machine I believe....

That's true. Another dull Mondau morning fact, Ernie Wise was the first person to use a mobile phone. . .
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Trivia question - Which then well known footballer appeared in an episode of On The Buses?
    Stan Bowles?

RIP Reg, a true legend of British comedy. Agree about Rag Trade too.
  • RIP Reggie -

fr a minute I had visions of Peter Varney when I see the headline.
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Trivia question - Which then well known footballer appeared in an episode of On The Buses?
    Stan Bowles?

No....
  • Trivia question - Which then well known footballer appeared in an episode of On The Buses? No googleing.

Was it Reg's young grandchild, Luke?
  • great show,always watched it
  • [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]
    Trivia question - Which then well known footballer appeared in an episode of On The Buses? No googleing.

Was it Reg's young grandchild, Luke?

No, Luke wasn't born until 1982, some time after On The Buses had finished.

Get That Bus Out....

did anyone see Harry and Paul's version a few weeks ago was class.

Rip Reg, a true legend.
  • How sad. Get this bus out of here....

RIP Reg