Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gears of War 2

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
now all you gamer geeks out there.

Is this game ultra violent swearing etc.

My lad who is 12 is driving me up the wall about this bloody game. I noticed it is an 18 - ar eht eclassification people going over the top with this or is it a bit naughty. I am clueless.........

Comments

• Options
    Ledge if your son wanted to go to the cinema to see a film with an 18 certificate would you take him? They are guidlines set by the relevant bodies after they have studied the footage of the games, so i would suggest a no for his sake and maybe yours
  • Options
    yeah fair point. but they do sometimes over classify these games just wanted some views from peeps that's all.
  • Options
    Remember Ledge you are the parent, and if u get him the game you will make a rod for your own back as well as all of his mates parents will loathe you as they will go home and ask for the game, and when their parents say no the response from the young lads will be "ohhhh Ledge Jnrs dad got him the game"
  • Options
    oh it is the other way round which is why i am getting the grief -- all his mates have got it and i won't let him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah fair point. but they do sometimes over classify these games just wanted some views from peeps that's all.

Call me a prude but my Nephew was playing a game on his x box the other day wich involved walking around the streets and smashing the public over the head with a bat or sticking a knife between their shoulder blades!
    With the world the way it is today who the bloody hell is monitoring the release of these 'games'.
  • Options
    You can chop people up with a chainsaw. Good fun.

It's just a shot em up game, just with a bit more blood and guts
  • Options
    I'm 16 & tbh I think it's a bit excessive in terms of gore. It's not particularly realistic but you get like splats of "blood" on the screen if you chainsaw people, and you can stamp on peoples heads on curbs and break their necks.. A bit over the top really.

Ohh, and there is the odd bit of swearing too.
  • Options
    thanks callum -
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQBtga7gxVY&feature=related

Trailer for it.
  • Options
    Hi I am 51 and a half, I have just won my first race on Mariokart, its great fun and I recomend its so much better than my last games consul which was Binetone tennis............... Beep...............Beep.......... Beep ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]oh it is the other way round which is why i am getting the grief -- all his mates have got it and i won't let him.

That's the trouble though Ledge, if you give in to your son you don't solve the problem you just pass the monkey on and make it more difficult for those of us that are trying to hold out. If every parent stuck to the certificates, then the kids would never have an argument.

I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere from someone in the games industry, who is absolutely clear that the certificate should mean what it says.
  • Options
    Oh I won't don't you worry about that stig