Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

need a new mobile

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
got six months left on my contract but fed up with my shite phone which has real problems signal wise so I want to get a pay as you go to put my sim into until contract is up.

Can anyone recommend a half decent 3G phone (preferebly a nokia) that won't set me back too much

Comments

• Options
    Ive got the Nokia 6300....3g the only down side is that you have to lock the keypad...nice looking and quite lightweight....however, I will revert to Samsung when I upgrade, as I find the battery life on Nokia's to be inferior
  • Options
    nice phone but not 3g mate
  • Options
    I've got a N95. Its got lots of functions but it dosnt do any of them that well in my opinion
  • Options
    Upgraded to a Samsung Omnia last week. Can't say I'd recommend, it's a fiddly little git and no mistake.

The iPhone 3G probably deserves its rep as best phone around at the moment, but like many people, I really can't stand Apple and won't buy a y of their products.

You might be better off waiting until January if you can, as word is Google Android phones (of which there's only one, the rather chunky G1, out so far) are going to become the industry standard over the next year.
  • Options
    The industry is hiding the health risks
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    amen to that......
  • Options
    I have two cups and a piece of string.

If I want pictures I borrow( nick) a biro from Sainsburys and draw a picture on one of the cups.

I also live in Gillingham.

p.s.

None of the above is true.
  • Options
    Just got the 6210 Navigator. Good battery life (2 days and I use it for work too) and has 3.5 g download, GPS etc. Its just like the N95 but everything improved, lighter and smaller and all the useless stuff stripped out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Just got the 6210 Navigator. Good battery life (2 days and I use it for work too) and has 3.5 g download, GPS etc. Its just like the N95 but everything improved, lighter and smaller and all the useless stuff stripped out
    I've had a 6110 navigator for about 9 months - great little phone.
    Most importantly (as with most Nokias) it's pretty indestructible - dropped it in a pint glass of water a few weeks ago. Took it apart, dried it out on the radiator for 15 minutes and it worked fine!
  • Options
    iphone 3g is let down by O2 network in my experience
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N96.

thought you were going for the storm?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]N96.

thought you were going for the storm?

may well do when my contract ends but need something until then , don't want to shell out too much but can't seem to find anything suitable .
  • Options
    If your after a touch screen go for the HTC Touch HD...Exclusive to Orange which is a bit of a pain but much better than the iPhone IMO.

If not, go for the Nokia N96, got one myself & its the absolute nuts.
  • Options
    did anyone read my original post properly?

just need a cheapish (less than 100 quid) pay as you go or sim free 3g phone , preferably nokia until my contract with orange ends in six months.

after that who know's as every day I seem to see something else I like , today it's this beauty
  • Options
    Only that phone is not real mate, no such thing as a N98 I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    don't mind me - I'm talking bolax!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Only that phone is not real mate, no such thing as a N98 I'm afraid.

not yet there aint , out next year apparently

I bought a revo in car DAB attatchment thing for me work van last week but can't seem to connect it up so gonna sell it on and maybe buy a nokia 6600 slide then sell then when me upgrade's due by which time there will probably be another load of new ones out
  • Options
    doesnt really help you but i just got the Sony Ericsson C905 and it's class, but expensive if you're looking for pay as you go
  • Options
    You should be able to get a Nokia 6500 slide or classic pretty cheaply for about a ton from somewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what about this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phillips-Cellnet-Mobile-Phone_W0QQitemZ170278665699QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170278665699&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
  • Options
    handsfree.jpg

Cheap hands free kits anyone?
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Any recommendations for a good AVI playing phone?