Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRICKET OR RUGBY

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
cricket for me hands down. hate rugby kent over england, cricket over rugby?

Comments

• Options
    cricket
  • Options
    This is a football forum,please go elsewhere if you can't think of anything else to post that is Charlton related. ;-)
  • Options
    badger f*** off
  • Options
    yep, cricket for me too, maybe perhaps cricket over football, its a real tough call.
  • Options
    at the moment def footy but in years to come with good investment and 20/20 you neverno.
  • Options
    i'll change my words a bit, test cricket please, none of that 2020 shit for me, can only just take the 50 over form, test cricket please, thats proper cricket, that stanford geezer can go feckorf!!
  • Options
    MCS i love all cricket but normal cricket is dying. 20/20 is the future like it or not. My son is nearly 5 and his fav sport is baseball because in cardiff school kids play baseball a lot, its quick and a result is easy. Its a tricky one. I love 20/20 and the ashes will be a 5 min walk from my cardiff home but to people who we need to entice to our game its too slow.
  • Options
    Rugby league
    C'mon you NZ Warriors!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i'll change my words a bit, test cricket please, none of that 2020 shit for me, can only just take the 50 over form, test cricket please, thats proper cricket, that stanford geezer can go feckorf!!
    Agreed. Test cricket rules. If I had to choose, my order of sports would be:

1 - Test Cricket
    2 - Football
    3 - Ice Hockey
    4 - Rugby Union
    5 - Baseball

20/20 is shite - the novelty for me wore off about two years ago.
  • Options
    Cricket All the way.

I went to a live Rugby game for the first time last year and although I enjoyed being able to smoke and drink watching it I had no clue really what was going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cricket assuming you are not referring the Mickey Mouse version
  • Options
    rugby
  • Options
    Cricket.
  • Options
    Genuinely can`t watch any other sport other than "The beautiful game" All of the others are so ugly, well apart from womens beach volleyball ;-)
  • Options
    Cricket easily. Test cricket is my prefered format by a mile.
  • Options
    Cricket by 22 yards and then several boundary miles, too.

In fact, it's not just cricket over rugby for me. I hope this doesnt get me hounded off this board, but if you put a gun to my head and said I could spend my last day on earth watching either CAFC at the Valley or KCCC at the St Lawrence, I would chose Kent at Canterbury (although I'd demand that the sun was shining before making my final decision...)
  • Options
    Test cricket is one of my loves. I've always gone for team sports in general as when it is done right it shows how a group of people can pool together their individual talents and work together to achieve something.

20/20 may not be as great imo, but it has its place in a world where we pretend we want everything fast paced. Eventually some people realise that it is about enjoying the journey and then they'll understand that test cricket is the business :-)

Saw a news item on 20 ball cricket this morning, so if you think 20/20 is quick......
  • Options
    Cricket by a mile
  • Options
    Rugby
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Rugby

"Handball!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cricket hands down, the Test variety or the 55-60 over version. Used to enjoy Rugby Union in the 70's it seemed more open in those days. Find it totally boring now.
  • Options
    Cricket for me.

Like Rugby Union but only ever interested in the internationals.

Don't like Rugby League at all.
  • Options
    Rugby Union by a country mile...
  • Options
    Loved playing both games.

If push comes to shove (proper) cricket.
  • Options
    Cricket no contest
  • Options
    After this mornings calamity in Brisbane - Cricket.
  • Options
    Cricket has the edge for me although i am looking forward to my first trip to Twickenham in January.
  • Options
    Comparing rugby with cricket is like comparing apples with oranges. I like both games, but rugby is more like football in that it's a physical, athletic sport and over in a short period of time. A good cricket match takes time to develop into a game and there is considerably more craft involved.
  • Options
    Rugby League but do love Cricket as well (got tickets for the Oval Test on Monday)

Can’t stand Union.