Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else feel sorry for Drogba

I do agree he was stupid what he did but he is being hung out to dry here by all and sundry.

And to think a member of the public complained the bloody cheek of 'em.

Comments

• Options
    Mind you Ledge, the one it hit is not necessary the idiot that threw it. And your right Drogba was an idiot.
  • Options
    Drogba is a very unlikeable person, I dont feel very sorry for the lad at all, a brainless action. Not defending the Burnley fan(s) in anyway either, just as brainless.
  • Options
    How can someone be hung out to dry?

Firstly the guy gestured to the crowd, secondly he could have easily pointed out to the official that there was coins being thrown at him/or on the pitch. Thirdly was it sensible to run up to the away fans? Any sensible profesional footballer would have answered the morons that threw coins at him by doing the business on the pitch and shutting them up that way and ruineing their evening that way rather than giving them the reaction they wanted.

High profile players have to appreciate that they are heros and more importantly role models to a lot of kids and youngsters in the game, therefore if the appropiate action isnt taken what sort of message is this sending out.

The bottom line is the one person that has hung out Drogba is Drogba himself.
  • Options
    No!
  • Options
    Don't feel sorry for him at all. He's a cheat and cheats never prosper.
  • Options
    Number one question in my mind would be why the prick is celebrating a goal in front of Burnley fans, winding them up, in the Fray Bentos Shield, like he's just scored the winner against ManYoo?

Irrespective of whether the bloke who threw the coing is a prick (he is) and whether the FA were right to charge Drogba (they were), his actions mark him out as what he is - a classless, arrogant, sullen tosspot who illustrates everything that is wrong with football.
  • Options
    Although Drogba is clearly in the wrong, the Burnley fans were a bunch of ****s, by all accounts there were a few choice songs about Drogba's skin that night. But hey fans dish it out, never take it back, the players are always at fault.
  • Options
    Apparently, football used to be a man's game. Now days pro footballers don't cut their own toe nails. Go figure?
  • Options
    ooooo those poor players . A fan gets caught throwing something he is fined say a months wages, has a criminal record, and is banned from grounds for 3 years.
    Whats the worst that Chelsea wan*ker will get ?

Dont give it the fans dont get shit.
  • Options
    Some of the Burnley fans were idiots but if it happened at the Valley and Drogba hit my kid with a coin, i'd be looking for a lot more than a 3 match ban.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was unquestionably wrong to do what he did but in the heat of the moment, having been provoked, his reaction can be understood.
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    no the man acts like a spoilt brat and falls over a the drop of a hat.

although i know it was wrong of the burnley fan who threw it,

why did drogba go over there to celebrate he has his own fans to do that to.

is drogba sorry he did it or sorry he got caught .

fuk em blue bstds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He was unquestionably wrong to do what he did but in the heat of the moment, having been provoked, his reaction can be understood.

I'm with Len and Ledge on this- stupid but heat of the moment. Did he actually hurt anyone??

If not, should just have been forgotten about
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited November 2008
    If I was pumped up for a maximum physical effort in game I'd take too seriously (which we even do as fans) and I'd had taunts about me in the various vicious forms us fans are capable of and then was hit by a coin, I am not sure that in that moment I'd have the good sense to react in a calm, professional and philosophical manner.

I am not condoning his reaction, but in the first place a coin should be been given to someone, not thrown at them.
  • Options
    I seem to have a different opinion to others but i know if i was outside a ground and i was coined and i threw the coin back and was spotted by the police, i would be arrested on the spot. This whole incident highlights the way footballers are increasingly above the law.
  • Options
    Very true, but what would expect to happen to you ultimately? I think the police are investigating the incident whatever that means - watching MOTD? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Very true, but what would expect to happen to you ultimately? I think the police are investigating the incident whatever that means - watching MOTD? :-)

I'd expect a trip to court and a fine probably. Sadly i think you're right about the MOTD comment as i think the amount of media attention will dictate how the case is handled.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I'd expect a trip to court

Drogba would roll about the floor and claim a foul.
  • Options
    In response do I feel sorry for Drogba the answer is no. Yes coins may have been thrown but that does not give any rights to go and lob them back at the crowd particularly as it would be near impossible to hit the person who originally threw it. A 3 match ban is a must.

The separate issue of Burnley fans throwing coins should not be allowed to go away either and the club and the individuals concerned should obviously be punished as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]I do agree he was stupid what he did but he is being hung out to dry here by all and sundry.

And to think a member of the public complained the bloody cheek of 'em.

I'm no Drogba fan, but yup - I'm with you here, Ledge. I'd rather the Met investigated some muggings or burglaries than wasted time on a footballer losing his rag. Indeed, Mr Drogba could make amends by going to Burnley and teaching some kids some real football skills for a morning, while the Burnley fan who complained could be invited down to Stamford Bridge to find his 50p on the pitch. In the rain.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [quote]Number one question in my mind would be why the prick is celebrating a goal in front of Burnley fans, winding them up, in the Fray Bentos Shield, like he's just scored the winner against ManYoo?

Irrespective of whether the bloke who threw the coing is a prick (he is) and whether the FA were right to charge Drogba (they were), his actions mark him out as what he is - a classless, arrogant, sullen tosspot who illustrates everything that is wrong with football.[/quote]

What he said.....Drogba is an arrogant knob who just happens to be able to play football.
  • Options
    what if he hit an innocent kid in the eye who then lost his sight?? no excuse for retaliation, on the pitch its a red card..
  • Options
    Drodba is a tosser. I would love to meet him in person, as many football fans would, and discuss on a one-to-one basis some of the concerns he has with the nature of the game he plays in.

Unfortunately, being a mere football player rather than, say..

a captain of industry, a philanthropist, a charity worker, a mini-cab driver, a plaster, a builder, an electrician, a nurse, a doctor, surgeon, Taxi driver, ground worker, crain operator, teacher, dog walker. shop keeper, baby sitter, call centre staff, bank manager, bus driver, speech and language therapist, carpenter, joiner, courier, pilot, actor, writer, musician, plumber, IT technician, housewife, catering assistant, chief, sailor, member of the armed forces serving in the middle east, journalist (although I'm really stretching it there), student, pupil, au pair, manager, physio, shop worker. engineer, architect, sandwich maker, junkie, social worker and many, many more...

all of whom work to pay for the Chelsea shirt he wears, would struggle to understand what it is exactly that makes us turn up and watch a football match.

He is not only a disgrace to football, he has disgraced his club, his fans and himself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Don't feel sorry for him at all. He's a cheat and cheats never prosper.

Wouldn't it be great if that were true...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Don't feel sorry for him at all. He's a cheat and cheats never prosper.

Wouldn't it be great if that were true...

maybe it is true where AP is concerned ;-)....allegedly
  • Options
    He gets paid enough to turn the other cheek....
  • Options
    what strikes me (no pun intended) is the difference between two wrongs - whcih certainly don't make a right

if caught of throwing a coin on the pitch at a match you could be arrested, fined, possible community service / custodial sentence, have your season ticket withdrawn (even though fully paid for) and probably be banned from attending professional football for anything from 6 months to life

if caught throwing a coin into the crowd you might get a (relative) slap on the wrist

both were wrong but where's the justice?

in answer i have absolutely no symapthy for him
  • Options
    He only gets a 3 match ban............I wonder if it would have been the same punishment for somebody less high profile.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]He only gets a 3 match ban............I wonder if it would have been the same punishment for somebody less high profile.

Same as Carragher.
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]He gets paid enough to turn the other cheek....

Too everything shouted at him?