Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham v Charlton - Poll, pre-match views etc

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Pats on backs to the 16% of you who accurately predicted the draw down at Plymouth.

Tomorrow sees Charlton travelling to Satan's Armpit to take on a Birmingham side who, despite remaining near the top of the division, have apparently flattered to deceive in recent games.

Will 'Pardew Reborn' finally get into third gear, or will it be a case of same old for the Addicks on the road ??

How do you see it going, what team do you expect, what changes would you make etc

Comments

• Options
    A brum win, no 2 ways about it.
  • Options
    Be pleased with a draw, as long as we have someone other than Varney up front we might get a goal or two.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm an idiot (no need to confirm this people, thanks) but I actually believe we can win this one! Don't ask me why, it's a strange feeling. A well fought 1-0 or 2-1 to the Addicks is what I predict this week.
    I'd like to see Gray and Toddy upfront to start, with Varney coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes to inject some pace into the attack after frustrating them for 70 minutes hoping to catch them on the break as they go hell for leather pounding Weavers goal. I think having two strikers up top that the ball can stick to will hell ease early pressure and give us the platform that will breed confidence to push for the win later on.

Told you I was crazy!
  • Options
    nothing to back this up stats or logic wise but 3-1 to us. Just call it a gut feeling.
  • Options
    2-0 Birmingham

We just aint good enough.
  • Options
    1-1

Dickson to come on & score with a 40 yard overhead effort. Obviously.
  • Options
    I'm afraid that I've got to join the crazy gang this week. For some unknown reason, I fancy a 1-0 win for us. Which is even more crazy as I can't remember the last clean sheet!
  • Options
    Forest drew with them last week and I reckon we can do the same this week.
  • Options
    Another draw and a vastly improved performance building on Plymouth despite going a goal behind.

Same XVI unless we get a loan in today.
  • Options
    I have a really good feeling about this game, still tempted to jump on a train down to brum tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Another draw and a vastly improved performance building on Plymouth despite going a goal behind.

won't be. Dickson already ruled out through injury. Varney struggling too.
  • Options
    On the grounds that my 2-0 prediction of Argyle to win last week earned us a point, I'm going for the same this week : 2-0 to Birmingham.

This way I can be truthful about how I really feel about our chances but not feel disloyal in tipping my team to lose. Neat, eh? So come on the Reds - show the world that I don't know what I'm talking about again!
  • Options
    If Varney is out, then 3-1 to us.
  • Options
    Got a good feeling about this one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Another draw and a vastly improved performance building on Plymouth despite going a goal behind.

won't be. Dickson already ruled out through injury. Varney struggling too.

Is Semedo fit.

Sam and Bouazza out wide then. Toddy to come off the bench to calm things down late on.
  • Options
    Phillips always scores against us and I assume he will play. So the big question is can we score 2 goals and win. Unlikely.
  • Options
    Home win

Hopeful for another point but all indications point to home win, we have a habit of turning teams form (bad to good that is)
  • Options
    4-5-1 and I reckon we'll grind out a 2-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Philips McFadden and Bent in a 3 nil win for them..
  • Options
    birmingham are due a win but so are we but our team is carrying some very average footballersso can see us getting tonked 3 or 4-1 and i've even had a bet on birmingham to win (as the worlds worst gambler it's our only chance of achieving anything)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will stick with a draw again
  • Options
    1-0 defeat written all over it.
  • Options
    Heart says a plucky draw like last week.

Head says 2-0 to them as we offer little or no goal threat.

I've gone with my head in the poll.
  • Options
    I've always been the eternal optimist as far as Charlton go but this season has finally beaten it out of me.

I just can't see us getting anything.

I think after the game Pards will waffle on about us "showing good character but we just have to accept that the quality isn't there at the moment"
    Thereby paving the way for some spectacularly under-whelming loan signings to be brought in next week.
  • Options
    I'd take a draw...
  • Options
    My views is that we wil lose 2-0...
  • Options
    This is a great game for us to turn the corner .... we haven't won in ages, we are away to the team in second place so by any reckoning the expectation would be for us lose, so there is less of a burden for the players to carry.

After showing some spirit last week, they can just get on and do the job without any negative psychology turning them to jellymen.

The team spirit will be great and the travelling fans will witness our best performance of the season so far, which should see us win by a couple of goals.
  • Options
    good battling display but to no avail 2-0 brum
  • Options
    1-0 win for us. With Bent scoring an own goal in the 2nd minute of injury time having been bought off the bench 5 minutes earlier.
  • Options
    I honestly fancy us to win 2-0