Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Redknapp factor

'kin hell.Whatever he's on,any chance of bottling it and giving a pint to Pardew?

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't be happening to a more detestable team unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Not so much Redknapp tonight - more the fact that Liverpool's reserves are absolute, utter gash.

Although I agree, 'Arry has had a massive effect on them. I put two bets on the week he took over - firstly that Spurs would win that week (they did - 40 quid there) secondly that they would finish in the top six this season - 20/1 that was - I stand to win a bag if they do.
  • Options
    Nice.Was gutted when they got him.Watched them just before his arrival and they looked like dead men walking.
    Work with a load of y1dz so they provided a bit of relief from how things were going with us.But now.

BOLLOX
  • Options
    So you'll cheering and urging on those Spuds then, Leroy .........?

;o)
  • Options
    what's the betting that we'd get the Redknapp that took Southampton and West Ham down?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]So you'll cheering and urging on those Spuds then, Leroy .........?

;o)
    I work on the old adage - always bet against your team - or on a team you hate. That way you can't lose - if you get beaten, or a hated rival wins, you at least get some money out of it...
  • Options
    So I've heard ............. Redknapp's secret is working with the players in a Bill Shankly type way.

He reckons they are all good players, otherwise they wouldn't be playing at the top level.

So rather than focus on their weaknesses or trying to make them the total alrounder footballer ......................he concentrates on perfecting what they are already good at - and telling them how great they are, and underlining opposition weakness.

That's exactly what Shanks up at Liverpool used to do.

Urban myth or what .......?
  • Options
    not looking so good now is he?!

In the meantime Ramos has turned round a struggling Real Madrid, they've just won 8 on the spin; on that note, interesting to see that Martin Jol has got Hamburg doing very well too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]So I've heard ............. Redknapp's secret is working with the players in a Bill Shankly type way.

He reckons they are all good players, otherwise they wouldn't be playing at the top level.

So rather than focus on their weaknesses or trying to make them the total alrounder footballer ......................he concentrates on perfecting what they are already good at - and telling them how great they are, and underlining opposition weakness.

That's exactly what Shanks up at Liverpool used to do.

Urban myth or what .......?

Well the direct ciriticism and abuse he's given players after defeats would suggest it is just a complete myth - his criticism of Benty and others in the team reminded me of Brian Kidd just before Blackburn imploded. Horrible man, moderate manager, loved by the red tops and is therefore considered to be a much better manager than he actually is. If he spent as much tome improving his team as he does making excuses and running players down, it'd stand him in good stead.
  • Options
    So Urban myth than.

Redknapp had the 'new manager bounce' to start with, and then gradually showed his true colours ... ?

I still believe the Shankly way is the best way.

Rather than focus on their weaknesses or trying to make them the total allrounder footballer ......................he concentrated on perfecting what they were already good at - and telling them how great they are, and underlining opposition weakness.

Now that is getting players to play to their individual strengths within the team unit.
    Good management in my book.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still think my bet (the first oen at any rate) will come off - Spurtz won't get relegated. I also had a £500 with an idiot mate who said they'd go down this year - though there's precious little chance of him paying up unless I get tasty with his knuckles. I f***ing hate people who welch on bets.