Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Talksport quiz I thought I'd put on here (two parts)

edited November 2008 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
so brainboxes - no googling

Andy Cole (Andrew) whatever - announced his retirement from football today - NOTE THE DONUT WHO SAID WE SHOULD SIGN HIM THE OTHER DAY LOL

Anyway he is 2nd top scorer of all time in PL behind Shearer with 187 goals. Shearer in his total of 260 something scored 56 penalties - How many did Cole score in his total of 187

Also name the 8 Premier League Clubs he played for

Comments

• 23?

and

Newcastle
    Man U
    Pompey
    Man C
    Fulham
    Sunderland
    Blackburn
    ??
  • Arsenal
    Newcastle
    Blackburn
    Sunderland

IT was me ledge who said sign him as i said then after being laughed off the site i did forget the ;-) at the end of it...
  • Started out with Arsenal i think...
  • Yeah started at Arsenal and then promptly sold to Brizzle City
  • yep so all the teams have been guessed

fair enough Adam I'll let you off mate :-)
  • Cheers Ledge.
  • Did he not play for Brum as well on loan? Was that in the Prem
  • been getting loads of stick today, mainly about Ian Harte (which i stand by) but needed to clear up the whole Andy Cole debate.. Lets never mention the subject ever again.... ;-)
  • no but brum is prominent in the answer to the other q
  • Sponsored links:

• didnt he have a spell with Fulham but they cant have been a prem team back then.
  • So the 7 WSS listed plus Arsenal is the 8 Prem teams,
    10 penalties scored, seemed to remember him taking them for Newcastle, not sure who else.
  • 23 IS WRONG AND 10 IS WRONG

Definitely played for Fulham in the PL
  • I read that the reason he was dropped at Forest was that when they looked at the Opta stats after one game it turned out the keeper had run more than him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I read that the reason he was dropped at Forest was that when they looked at the Opta stats after one game it turned out the keeper had run more than him.

Thank god they don't have Opta at Sunday League level I'd be struggling!

My next guess on penalties is 8!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I read that the reason he was dropped at Forest was that when they looked at the Opta stats after one game it turned out the keeper had run more than him.

yeah bang on. When adamtheaddick, tongue in cheek it seems, says lets sign I quoted that stat.

Anyone I'll put you out of your misery on the penalties.

I gave a clue to WSS with the "brum are prominent with the penalty question" because incredibly he only scored 1 PENALTY in that 187 total.
  • Mate who was at Arsenal at the time told me that he got sold by Arsenal after allegedly being caught going through peoples pockets in the changing room.
  • Is he related to Bradley Wright-Phillips ?
  • Another question.

Where's Jon 'Gaunty' Gaunt Gawn?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Too HELL !

As opposed to not hell enough? ;)
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Another question.

He is suspended.

On Friday he interviewed a councillor from Redbridge (I think) Council about their proposed new policy of not allowing smokers to foster children. The interview got quite heated and Gaunt called the councillor a nazi which he later moderated to health nazi.

Following complaints from listeners Gaunt has been suspended.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/nov/11/jon-gaunt-talksport
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Another question.

He is suspended.

On Friday he interviewed a councillor from Redbridge (I think) Council about their proposed new policy of not allowing smokers to foster children. The interview got quite heated and Gaunt called the councillor a nazi which he later moderated to health nazi.

Following complaints from listeners Gaunt has been suspended.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/nov/11/jon-gaunt-talksport
    Good. Bloke's a c**t
  • he is big time.

Always giving it the I live in this house I have this big car - squeaky cov ****
  • Bit over opinionated and annoyingly bolshy but i think his hearts in the right place.