Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trains Rain and total pain

Fellow London commuters ( cannon St ) mmm well i can just guess what the trains will be like tonight and ooo watch the platforms as a few drops = adverse weather cant imagine what state they will say there in tonight. deadly !!!..ooo well if all up the spout see down in crypt !

Comments

• Options
    Blackheath always gets closed in heavy rain, the missus uses Cannon St but she has a day off today
  • Options
    always amazing ....and how we seem to get buggered with a few drops of rain or snow or bright sunlight....just think we use to keep things running when it was bombs coming out of the sky not just fat rain...and global warming TFFT or we would never get anywhere with a few snow flakes......then again least dont have to mow the lawn !!
  • Options
    I remember years & years ago when I used to commute from Kibrooke, heavy snow and it was the old slam door trains, about 30-40 of us packed into the guards carriage/mail carriage, happened many a time in those days
  • Options
    left early this morning so i could get a head start on my work, get to Barnehurst, all fecked up!! honestly a bit of rain and wind and we go to pieces, only good thing was when the train did arrive it had come straight from Dartford and was empty! im gussing it will be chaos at charring cross tonight, might get the boat to woolwich and get the 99 home.
  • Options
    I'm dreading Charing Cross/London Bridge tonight depending on which one I go to.
  • Options
    I used to get the boat from Greenwich during train strikes, pleasant way to get to work.
  • Options
    ugly on my trains this morning. I got bellowed at by one bloke yelling at me to move down - i couldnt move anywhere i was jammed behind a seat - a few of us having a wry chuckle when the train doors closed and he standing on the platform.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ugly on my trains this morning. I got bellowed at by one bloke yelling at me to move down - i couldnt move anywhere i was jammed behind a seat - a few of us having a wry chuckle when the train doors closed and he standing on the platform.

problems this morning were all caused by one train (i was on it). i broke down and took around an hour to decide that it ws kaput completely and could only move backwards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ugly on my trains this morning. I got bellowed at by one bloke yelling at me to move down - i couldnt move anywhere i was jammed behind a seat - a few of us having a wry chuckle when the train doors closed and he standing on the platform.

problems this morning were all caused by one train (i was on it). i broke down and took around an hour to decide that it ws kaput completely and could only move backwards.

Glad to see you're mentally strong enough to share that with us all!
  • Options
    What train does everyone catch to and from work.

Morning: 8.59am Barnehurst to Charring Cross

Evening: 18.46pm Charring cross to Barnehurst.

christ that has to be the dullest post i have posted....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]

problems this morning were all caused by one train (i was on it).i broke downand took around an hour to decide that it ws kaput completely and could only move backwards.

Glad to see you're mentally strong enough to share that with us all!

my therapist told me it is a big step towards getting healthy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]What train does everyone catch to and from work.

Morning 7:03 Mottingham to Charing Cross, sometimes see a fellow lifer on board!
    Evening varies due to what time I finish

That has to be the dullest reply I've ever posted...Yes I'm bored!
  • Options
    6.36 dartford to Can St and 6.08 back for too many years !!
  • Options
    7.47 Sidcup - Charing Cross. 18.37 / 19.02 back
  • Options
    recently 06.50 in, 19.10 out (though i'm getting out a bit earlier tonight, hopefully)
  • Options
    Ha! Days like these make me glad I'm a semi-retired old codger for whom times like 06.36 and 06.50 no longer exist !

You lot do seem to work long hours. But then if you didn't spend half the day on Charlton Life you'd probably get your work done a lot quicker and get home a deal earlier !!!!
  • Options
    Not alittle bit of water down in Kidbrooke --- Broadwalk was a foot deep at 3 Pm couldnt get down road.
  • Options
    Come on guys, lets note post what trains we get, we might get a reputation!
  • Options
    How I don't miss the London commute!!!
  • Options
    not moaning about the rain only climate i`ll be in for five weeks will f**king hot !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

was that at swanscombe??
    i was waiting at greenhithe for over an hour before they decided to tell us they didnt know how long it would take to be fixed!
    ended up going home & getting the car & driving to North greenwich..
  • Options
    Anyone know where i can get an R-128 Signal Box? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Anyone know where i can get an R-128 Signal Box? ;-)

No but I can do you a deal on a HW2000 Ponit Machine ;o)
  • Options
    Its alright Red, ive just found where i can get one, off on my raliegh racing bike to get it, then give it to dad who is in the loft setting up his model railway... God Bless Yellow Pages Those were the days.... now if anyone can reconmend a good french polishers... he he...

Those were the days
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]

was that at swanscombe??
    i was waiting at greenhithe for over an hour before they decided to tell us they didnt know how long it would take to be fixed!
    ended up going home & getting the car & driving to North greenwich..

that was the one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]What train does everyone catch to and from work.

07:14 New Eltham-London Bridge
    16:14 Back
  • Options
    LAtest from southeastern

Looks like a late night tonight then...
  • Options
    As much as I miss friends, family and Charlton at home. It's threads like this that remind me why I swapped the commute from Blackheath to London for a ten minute bike ride on a valley trail in Canada....

Though it's been pissing rain for about 5 days solid here now....
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    mon and tues I get the 0630 scooter going and 1500 scooter home

weds- fri the 815 scooter to and the 1700 scooter from

marvellous
  • Options
    We've done this before haven't we?

Kidbrooke got flooded tonight apparently