Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glenn Murray of Brighton to sign this week ?

2»

Comments

• Las Vegas....or Lost Wages as it's known by some!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Yes there is - i'm going to vegas tomorrow!

you meeting kets out there ?
  • No mate - think he gets back today actually.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]do you know what saddens me, it is how low our level of player is at, that we are looking at ( i do realise the financial constrants before they are told to me),

i just cant get excited that a brighton striker is going to solve my concerns,

Glenn Murray's not just any old Brighton striker, NLA ....... he used to play for Rochdale.

;o)
  • "oooooooo Las Vegas the devil gave us to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

great place been there twice , will go again .
  • Fair one, look at Wolves match winners

Iwelumo - journeyman centre forward picked up from obscurity fro pennies
    Jarvis - I thought at the time we missed the boat with this one but only signed from the pikeys for a pittance (we could hae signed him when we had some clout too)
    Kightly - from non-league
    Keogh - Pennies (relatively compared to what our guvnor has spent)
    Karl Henry - the most under-rated player in this division, pennies
    Ebanks-Blake - Ok, a gamble if we signed him ahead of Varney, Mcleod or Iwelumo last season but just for reference

Now tell me signing form, quality lower league players is a bad idea? Jarvis and Henry would hugley improve the shape and balance of our side and would have done at the times they were signed by Wolves, for a shite site less than we have probably weighed out in loans lately
  • We need to do know what Lennie done all them years ago,go and find good players from lower league clubs make the scouts earn their feckin corn coz as you said Carter they are out there.I remember watching Warren Barton for Maidstone,you could tell he would go on to play in the top league.
  • I used to get the feeling that Curbs took too long to scout players, in that we'd sign them 2 years after we were linked with them, but you know he did his research, looked into their home lives, previous seasons form... I mean he was interested in Bent, HH and Holland for what seemed to be ages, looked into their lives and spoke to everyone he needed to to make his mind up, much in the same way that you might when making an expensive purchase at home. You can guarantee that some slipped through the net due to the time taken on the decisions

Pardew on the other hand is tottally the opposite, signs them in based purely on current onfeild form(or youtube exploits) but i don't remember having any of the homesick/family issues/ not settling that Pardew seems to have had on some of his transfers, but it's unlikely that he'll miss out on anyone else by delaying his decisions, however he's yet to uncover a gem that makes up for all the rocks he keeps buying.
  • surely Herman and Holland were just reacting quickly to a firesale at Ipswich?
  • Im sure Killer could hang on teh goal line and get us a few

Bring back Killer
  • Sponsored links:

• Er, don't think so ....... Killer must be about 58 years old.
  • Addickted.net got this from a Brighton forum.

Someone is now saying it won't happen

Original thread
    I have it on good authority that Charlton will not sign Glenn Murray.

Their board is unlikely to release the sort of funds required to sign Murray while the manager's future is unclear and things are tight moneywise anyway.

Also, the chairman wants a premiership loanee NOT a League 1 signing.