Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Last Post

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
Always find it a very haunting and moving tune.

Lest we forget.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed;
    Every year it starts me off.
  • Options
    very true!
  • Options
    I thought you meant that you weren't ever coming on here again.
  • Options
    With you on that, I was at the Somme in the summer, and will be going to Italy to see my Uncles grave, The Last Post makes my spine tingle, try listening to Sunset by the Royal Marines, has the same effect.
  • Options
    Have to say that I've never heard of this film.
  • Options
    It's not the Last Post that sets me off, but the "They shall not grow old as we grow old" poem that does for me. It even had me blubbering when it was used at the end of an episode of Doctor Who last year.
  • Options
    Its a german song but " Flowers never grow on a sailors grave" is also very moving.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Have to say that I've never heard of this film.

Jimmy, please tell me you're "joking" here.
  • Options
    jimmy don`t do jokes !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Have to say that I've never heard of this film.

Jimmy, please tell me you're "joking" here.

Why should I be joking? Unless I specifically search for things on the internet I never get to hear any new decent music , see any new TV, or hear about any new films. If I go on holiday or my computer crashes, I sometimes miss out on something new completely.
    Where I live, people have never heard of Charlton Athletic. One guy yesterday thought I was talking about a Rugby team once he realised it wasn't Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]jimmy don`t do jokes !

Are you a Buddhist?
  • Options
    Yes ! Got a problem with that ?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    bloody Buddhist's taking over our forum!!! :)
  • Options
    I seriously don`t think your flipent and bearing in mind the nature of this thread comments are quite frankly unecessary and offensive. Just crawl back under your stone mate.
  • Options
    Jimmy, wasn't have a pop at you - not at all mate - I just thought that an educated man like you owuld've heard of The Last Post before. Apologies if you've taken anything the wrong way.

Anyway, it's a bugle call used by the British Army - amongst others - and is always played at rememberence services. It's quite a haunting and moving piece, particularly at the end of a two minutes silence, which was the point I was making in my original post.

The Last Post