Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Only one .........

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Kelly Younga!

Yes, I'm think I'm the only Kelly fan on here! We was robed today, had we gone 2-1 up with 5 mins to go we would have won, we just got caught up with such a late gaol, and got stung before the cheers had stopped. Well done boys. And oh yes, no Ambrose, and long may he stay away, complete waste of space.

Comments

• Options
    Have to admit with Kelly in the team the shape seems better.
  • Options
    He is a talented player but seems inclined to play like an absolute cock without any warning what-so-ever. I hope this is the point that he turns his, and our, season around.
  • Options
    Lets hope so and the rest of the team
  • Options
    My take on Youga is that there is a talented player in there somewhere waiting to get out i.e. he has a very good footballing brain but sadly his ability doesn't anywhere match it!
  • Options
    Think he'd be good if he could concentrate for the full 90 minutes, instead of about 9.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]My take on Youga is that there is a talented player in there somewhere waiting to get out i.e. he has a very good footballing brain but sadly his ability doesn't anywhere match it!

I think it's the opposite, Soundas - he has talent but not always the nous to know when to hit it into row Z instead of trying out fancy stuff and giving the ball away. Most of his frailties are in the mind - confidence and concentration. Perhaps the rumoured Sports Psychologist is on the case?

One thing's for sure - he can't take throw-ins whatever!
  • Options
    Youga has the physique, pace and skills to become a very good player.

He just needs to develop a bit of nous and confidence which will come with matches.
  • Options
    Well said Len. thats twice now
  • Options
    The thing about Youga is that he's not as good as Basey.
  • Options
    I think that Youga is an enigma to be honest. Looks the part and at times looks quality but then at other times looks goddamn awful Still think he is worth persevereing with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I think that Youga is an enigma to be honest. Looks the part and at times looks quality but then at other times looks goddamn awful Still think he is worth persevereing with.

We seem to be disagreeing a lot today ;-

If this were a Wham forum we'd be having cyberfights by now.
  • Options
    It sounds like Pards has truly read the riot act to him but, by and large, he played well enough most of the time yesterday - not perfect but a bit more like the way he first played when he came back from Scunny.

And scoring that equaliser will have done wonders for his self-confidence.
  • Options
    lol. Sounds like fun though........Does it hurt ?
  • Options
    the thing with Youga is i think once he got his contract he thinks he is a proper footballer without realising that you need to play like one before you can act like one, some of his performances have been great whilst most have been complete toilet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Youga has the physique, pace and skills to become a very good player.

He just needs to develop a bit of nous and confidence which will come with matches.

I agree with that, him and Yassin can both be good attacking full backs, just need to improve things like concentration and find more consistency, and that'll come through playing regularly.