Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What Not To Buy?

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
I've been keeping tropical fish for over 15 years now and in that time have rarely enjoyed keeping them. Looking after them is simply too much work for working people. Every now and then when a few die I say "that's it, when the rest are gone I'm going to get rid of the tank". But before that happens I get fed up looking at a half empty tank and buy some more. It's a complete mugs game.

What other things in life will only cause disappointment, resentment and/or financial hardship if bought?

[This post has been brought to you by the depressing thought that I have to clean the tank at the weekend]

Comments

• Options
    A charlton season ticket
  • Options
    a wedding ring
  • Options
    Blimey, I've got all three. I'm well on the way to ruin then. Quick somebody pass the gin.
  • Options
    Gin
  • Options
    a pregnancy test
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Riding Hoodie[/cite]a pregnancy test
    LMFAO
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    What other things in life will only cause disappointment, resentment and/or financial hardship if bought?

A centre forward named Bent to go with one you already own?
  • Options
    an engagement ring...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]an engagement ring...
    Is that as in the old joke:

Q: How do you stop your girlfriend from giving you BJs?
    A: Buy her an engagement ring.
  • Options
    A subscription to a gym that you go to once a month if you're lucky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A mobile phone
  • Options
    Have to disagree on the tropical fish front.

Have been a keeper for around a year and find it a very relaxing hobby.

Have two tanks a 60l and 110l. Have only lost 3 fish in the whole year(I'll wake up to a massacre tomorrow no doubt). Two of which were ill when I put them in - didn't notice before the shop bagged them. The other was a fighter who was a nut case - I'm sure it beat itself to death!!!.

Spent this afternoon ignoring SSN and finishing off a curing my Fighter of White Spot (Ich) and then watching them hoover up their bi-weekly live food (brine shrimp) feast.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite] The other was a fighter who was a nut case - I'm sure it beat itself to death!!!.
    They do do that Clem. If you're keeping fighters you have to be very careful with the lighting in and around the tank, if they can see their own reflection they don't always realise it's themselves and headbut the side of the tank. I think the best solution is to put loads of weed in the tank.
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Spent this afternoon ignoring SSN and finishing off a curing my Fighter of White Spot (Ich) and then watching them hoover up their bi-weekly live food (brine shrimp) feast.
    See, I told you it it was hard work! Glad you're enjoying it anyway.
  • Options
    Weed in the tank Stig? You mean your fish smoke?

I spose that's one way of calming it down - just don't tell the RSPCA!
  • Options
    Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye.