Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overseas fans forum representatives

TELTEL
edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Just to let the overseas contingent know that I will one of three overseas representatives on the fans forum panel for the same 6 month probationary period as those who represent the three stands at The Valley. I will let you have the details of the other two members as and when they have formally accepted the roles. In the meantime, if you have any questions that you would like me to raise, please contact me at either of the following:-

Addicksdownunder@yahoo.com or Terry@Clickofamouse.co.uk

For those of you that dont know me, I spend part of my year here in England and the rest in Sydney NSW, so its likely that I will be the only overseas rep who will be able to attend most if not all of the forum meetings.

The first meeting is likely to be prior to the Sheffield Utd game, however if this changes I will let you know on this thread. Finally, I'd just like to thank those people who wrote to the club recently in support of me....

Cheers

Tel

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations Tel.
  • Options
    Cheers Chris....still havent found out who the other Chicago Addick is.....will keep trying
  • Options
    Well done mate, looks like you're my new voice then!
  • Options
    Dont discount the other two mate, but Im happy to help.
  • Options
    Congrats Tel, the perfect candidate for the role IMO.
  • Options
    nice one tel....

cause of your site(Addicks Down Under) ,I showed danepak a bit of melbourne, he joined in my birthday bash...we finished up at 8am

were both took all week to recover!!

and hes now our new Ivan Campo on my football team..

well done mate youll do a great job...
  • Options
    Cheers Jon...Dan

Jon, PaulG on the site is looking for someone to meet up for a beer in Melbourne as well....I think Ben has tried to get in touch with you as well. Sounds like a good night out mate...hopefully replicated in Melbourne next March.
    :-)
  • Options
    Cool Tel....

Addicks in Melbourne...

Ended up singing VFR on the table... good night...
  • Options
    Lol....why arent I surprised....
    :-)
  • Options
    Congrats.

Give me a shout if you are ever in Thailand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tel, you do sound perect for the role, so congratulations! How are the others being selected? (Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere...I haven't seen it) I understood that the three stand reps were season ticket holders, which obviously (I assume!) won't be the case for the overseas reps.
  • Options
    Forget that previous request...just visited your site and saw the names of the other two nominees, including the one from here in Hamilton, Ontario!
  • Options
    Well done mate, at last a little bit of good news to come out of the club.
    Young Ernest is coming to stay for the weekend so we'll drink to this news tomorrow night. I'm hoping to keep him up to listen to the commentary tomorrow night, don't see why I should have to suffer on my own!
  • Options
    Their names were put forward as they run their own overseas forums like us with the ADU. There are six stands reps....there are two people each from the East/West and North.....from what I gather they were the only people who put their names forward, so along with the Overseas reps and the Cadsa rep the club have given all of us a six month probationary period. Cheers mate...
  • Options
    Great news Martin.....have a couple for me.....will be up over the Xmas period as Mick has invited us up to stay for a few days....so will see you then. Mick is also flying over for a long weekend for the Perth get together...8th to the 15th December.

Best of luck with keeping Ernie up.....lol
  • Options
    Bangkok....will do mate...will hopefully do a stop over mid next year....keep meaning to do a few days in Thailand and Singapore, but just haven't gotten around to it as yet.
  • Options
    Oh good, another "numpty" for some to abuse and for NNS to tell that the forum is a waste of time. : - )

Good luck Terry and I presume Bob and Lars if it was they who were offered a place and if they accept.

Just a point. The plan and format of the Forum has evolved over time. While the original plan approved by the board was one rep per stand, one CASDA and one Johnny Foreigner that has changed.

There will be 6 season ticket holders, all on 6 months probation. As it happens they were fairly evenly spread around the three home stands but the idea is not, unless I'm wrong and it has changed, that a fan can only go to the rep in their stand or that the rep are limited to dealing with issues solely regarding their part of the Valley.

We now seem to have a broad spectrum of people with different backgrounds, talents, ages, locations and special interests. I know that the Forum already had some issues to discuss when they meet at the end of November but let's not be slow in throwing more at them. There's a bloody enough of 'em. ; - )
  • Options
    Tel nice one mate a very worthy candidate IMO will you represent upper north block M please for me afka boogica nla kb & kblittlesis
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Tel nice one mate a very worthy candidate IMO will you represent upper north block M please for me afka boogica nla kb & kblittlesis

Oi! How come you're not telling Tel the forum is a waste of space cos it doesn't deal with sacking Pardew? : - )
  • Options
    tel knows my feelings and im sure he will convey them along with his own
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]tel knows my feelings and im sure he will convey them along with his own

So now you want to use the forum to get your message over. ummmmmmmmm : - )
  • Options
    no i want tel to represent me
  • Options
    Are you saying I wouldn't? Thought I represented you well on the back page of the SLP?
  • Options
    not at all Rothko,not got a problem with u mate,but as my mother is australian i feel he is best to serve me.
  • Options
    Cheers chaps, Im looking forward to getting stuck in and hopefully keep the majority of fans well represented.....I know its not going to satisfy everyone, but as quoted, there are enough of us....
  • Options
    tel i love u
  • Options
    Nice one Tel as I said before I think the fact that you back and forth between down under and blighty makes you the perfect candidate.

Now you just have to go via Vancouver 9or Calgary) so that me and Oakster can have a little Western Canada meeting, of course all other addicks over this side of the world should join as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]tel i love u

Ahhhh Steve, I didnt know you cared

;-)

Cheers Vancouver.....might just go the other way around at some point...Kay's Mum lives in Hawai...so a distinct possibilty...and My Uncle lives on the dark side near Kitchener...was a rabid Addick in his day
  • Options
    The dark side?! ;-) Your colleague in Hamilton (which is where I am) may disagree...
  • Options
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but how is it that we have 6 people representing 20k fans in the ground, but 3 people representing no more than a couple of hundred people who generally don't go to games - understandable as that is of course.

Not having a pop at anyone - and Tel seems like a decent sort, one of your own - but it seems to be skewed a bit wrong to me.