Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the best investment at the moment?

Following interest rate cuts, property prices plummeting, the pound losing value, gold dropping, what is the best investment for those that have a few bob?

Premium bonds?
Government bonds?
The Forex market?
Offshore bank (for those overseas)?
Stocks and shares now that thjeir value is low?
Trap six in the 8,45 at Wimbledon dogs?

I have no idea. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Championship footie clubs based in SE7 ??
  • Options
    I've just invested in Premium Bonds and will only cash them in until I need the money.
  • Options
    probably equities, their will be some real bargains out there and the time to buy shares is when the market is shiite, not when it is booming.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I've just invested in Premium Bonds and will only cash them in until I need the money.

I've had a few of these for donkeys' years and have only ever had a small win once. I'm sure that over time I've been a loser on these. That said, I do like the idea that a life changing win could come up. It's a bit like doing the lottery without the risk.

I don't know if there's any truth in it or whether its just idle rumour that the best way of increasing your chances is to have a lot of them (no shit Sherlock) and to keep cashing them in and rebuying so that you get new numbers. Probably an urban myth though.

Me? If I had any money, I'd buy shares in Tesco. People will always need the things they sell and they seem to be taking over the World.
  • Options
    Or Tesco Lotus...Bangkok Addict will understand.
  • Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1257045