Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calisle sack John Ward

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
after a run of disappointing results..........they won 4 out of their first 5 games and got into the play-off last year (admittedly should have gone up automatically)

Pardew should count himslf lucky.

mid table last season and currently 3rd from bottom with 1 win in 6 games and last 3 games at home we acheived 1 point against Bristol City, Burnley and Barnsley (who when we palyed them in Aug 99 we won 3-1 comfotably witha Mendonca hat trick)

Comments

• Options
    Golfie - that last quote is stretching it a bit old fruit. What in the name of Holy Hell has a result in 1999 got to do with the current squads of either of those teams?
  • Options
    If your point is Pardew is lucky to be still employed compared to a Guy who narrowly missed out on Promotion last season then yes you are correct. Don't understand what 1999 has to do with anything mind.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Carlisle have lost 9 out of their last 10 league games. Could be why he's got the el bow.
  • Options
    I think it's a far point about us beating Barnsley back in 1999. I'm surprised that no one mentioned that we beat Burnley 1 - 0 in 1947. All been downhill since then. Glickstien Out
  • Options
    sorry - just when I think back to recent games against the likes of Barnsley then I think of better times & when we had a team not too disimilar to this one , but who had charcator and a striker who knew where the goal was.
  • Options
    But in Carlisle they think fried Mars bars are a delicacy? Good reason not to do as they do I'd say.
  • Options
    Mr Pardew is indeed a very lucky man. With almost two years in charge, I think you will find that he is now one of the longer serving managers in the Championship - and one of the worst performing in terms of number of games won since his arrival.

The only reason he's still there is because we've never quite got over the double trauma of Dowie/Les Reed.

He is either about to get even luckier and launch us on a run that will net us a dozen points before Xmas. Or his luck will finally run out along with the board's patience and somewhere around the second anniversary of his appointment on Dec 24, 2006, he will be sent packing.

I hope its's the former, but fear it will be the latter.
  • Options
    Nigel, recently we've judged Pardew on 22 months underachievement, based not just on the team's results, but the lack of organisation, performance and spirit in the team.

Well, however much you are desperate to see Pardew decapitated, the fact is the team has played consecutive matches displaying organisation, performance and spirit.

Yet despite that, out come the knives.

Can't we just see how the team performs next against Sheff Utd - or should we be praying that we lose 5-0 at home just so some supporters get what they want?
  • Options
    We need points not prizes.
  • Options
    "however much you are desperate to see Pardew decapitated..."

Oggy, I am desperate to see our team win. I don't give a fig either way over Mr Pardew or any other manager on a personal basis. I just want a manager who can set the team back on winning ways...

Far from being desperate to see him go, I said I hope he nets us 12 points before Xmas and therefore earns the right to stay.

One point from two games in which we seem to have played with a bit more about us is not a cause for celebration. I'm keeping that for when we get six points from two games (last acheived a year ago).

I'll back any manager who can get Charlton winning again, whether it's Mr Pardew or someone else. So if he can do it, good luck to him. But you have to admit that gven his track record, the odds are stupendously high against it.