Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If we can't afford to sack him.

Couldn't we promote him to a little office upstairs somewhere? Throw in a phone some paper and a few biros.
At least he'd be out of the way of first team affairs and we wouldn't have to give him a huge pay off. I'm sure he wouldn't stick it for too long anyway.
We could then let someone with some passion for the club take over team matters. Keithie & Kins, Powelly or Brownie for example.
I'm sure Keith would be honored to do the job and would do it for far less than 800K, even if only as a stop gap.

Comments

• Options
    moving him wouldn't be any cheaper though, it would still involve paying him.
  • Options
    Yes, but it wouldn't involve paying him the whole amount right now, which sacking him would.
  • Options
    And if he walked before the end of his contract because of the indignity of the situation, we would save money.
    I suggest making him director of football. Of the womens team!
  • Options
    Other clubs in the past have put there manager on gardening leave I know not for poor performance reasons but it could be a option. He must of broken his contract in terms of performance.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It would amount to the same thing and for what. You give him a non-job, you still pay him for eighteen months. If you sack him, his contract is determined and you pay him compensation/damages for breach of contract which amounts to the same amount of dosh (except you haven't got him there laughing and meddling in team affairs).

The only way we could save money would be if he resigned - he wont, or we negotiate either on a friendly basis because he wants out (like they did with Curbs) or on a hostile basis, on some kind of failure/breach of contract on his part - i.e. a sum of money less than full compensation for 18 months.
  • Options
    I recommend we shoot him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]And if he walked before the end of his contract because of the indignity of the situation, we would save money.
    I suggest making him director of football. Of the womens team!

Hello constructive dismissal.