Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neil Warnock - Love him or hate him?

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I love the bloke. Spits and curses at officials, defends his players to the hilt and has so much passion about the game.
It takes all sorts and there's plenty of room for a few more Warnocks in the game.

Comments

• Options
    Love him.

At the end of the day, you need characters. And Warnock is one. Would drive you up the wall, but i like him for it.
  • Options
    Love him.

Gives 100% and is not afraid to vent his anger at his team/ref is he feels they have underperformed.
  • Options
    excellent manager,passionate to the core,if only!
  • Options
    just seen interview on ssn.
    he's just like a fan.
    he sees things through rose coloured specs. brilliant.
    hope he is moaning on saturday.
  • Options
    Like him too, is getting his players never to give up. Hope Marcus has a point to prove St'dy
  • Options
    Love might be strong, but I certainly like him.
  • Options
    100% like so far. maybe not what you were expecting Stoney ?

Perhaps it would be different if he was a manager a little closer to home...
  • Options
    Hate him.

Not a fan at all. Like baconsarnie says, sees things through tinted specs, not how a manager should act IMO. Said he would knock Pardew out if he celebrated in front of him like he did Wenger. Get a grip will ya man, ffs.
  • Options
    He is a fan - fan of Sheff Utd which makes him even more passionate.

Think the bloke is a legend
  • Options
    on par with les reed for passion and vigour,actually reed maybe has the edge,but yes warnock is a legend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Warnock might be a Sheff Utd fan but Les Reed is a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    im not sure if warnock is actually a blade buts its possible,les reed is not a charlton fan,i doubt he spent hes youth on the east terrace.
  • Options
    He's a character but more importantly like Jewell last year he's a good motivator and he's getting the most out of his players, whether that'll be enough come next May who knows, but we could certainly do with that kind of person to get our team playing as a unit.
  • Options
    He's a bit like the Management equivalent of Robbie Savage, you spend all your time booing him when he plays for the opposition, but you would not mind having him in your team if you were really honest. Wears his heart on his sleeve. Seems a nice bloke when not spitting venom at officials.
  • Options
    Well maybe the blokes up my pub are in the minority then and not me. I seem to be the only one up there that has any time for him.
  • Options
    I'm old enough to remember Arsenal winning the double in 1970/71 with Bertie Mee as manager.

Bertie Mee was an understated figure in the mould of Les Reed yet he achieved results.

Hopefully Les will do the same.
  • Options
    Bertie Mee was the bloke that asked Bill Shankly if he'd heard of the North Bank Highbury wasn't he?

Shanks said "No, I don't think so"
  • Options
    Haven't heard that one!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'm old enough to remember Arsenal winning the double in 1970/71 with Bertie Mee as manager.

Bertie Mee was an understated figure in the mould of Les Reed yet he achieved results.

Hopefully Les will do the same.

Well I'd settle for either the FA Cup or the League, a bit greedy I think to want both.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Jason Puncheon ‏@punch_jason 13m
    In the wake of a bad penalty and people's opinions and banter which I accept @mattletiss7 on @talkSPORTLive this morning gets it right...
    What I won't accept is an opinion from a man who's crooked and ruining the game @talkSPORTLive NEIL WARNOCK the man who signs players...
    Gives them extra wages n app bonus to make sure they pay him to get in the team or on the bench..
    Everything else is banter and opinions and as a man I will live with that which is fine but I will not live with his opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Court case.
  • Options
    I dont like Puncheon. Just something about him that makes me not like him. I cant quite put my finger on what it is about him that I dislike, but I just do.
  • Options
    Jason Puncheon ‏@punch_jason 16m
    The fact he could even talk about training is shocking he was never there...
  • Options

Jason Puncheon ‏@punch_jason 13m
    In the wake of a bad penalty and people's opinions and banter which I accept @mattletiss7 on @talkSPORTLive this morning gets it right...
    What I won't accept is an opinion from a man who's crooked and ruining the game @talkSPORTLive NEIL WARNOCK the man who signs players...
    Gives them extra wages n app bonus to make sure they pay him to get in the team or on the bench..
    Everything else is banter and opinions and as a man I will live with that which is fine but I will not live with his opinion.

Holy Shit! That - if its not correct - is absolutely actionable by Warnock and he has plenty of dough to hire some nice QCs as well.

Puncheon must be a complete moron if he thinks you can put that sort of thing on social media and get away with it.

Lawyers will be laughing their bollocks off.
  • Options
    Funny.
  • Options
    Outstanding to see someone so stupid put this on social media.

Warnock will have him for breakfast
  • Options
    He has deleted them now but it's too late they've already had global coverage.

That's Neil's retirement fund set up then.
  • Options
    A bizarre rant. Unless he gets other team mates to back him up, how will he ever prove such a thing?
  • Options
    Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
    Neil Warnock's reaction to Jason Puncheon's critical tweets should be interesting
  • Options

A bizarre rant. Unless he gets other team mates to back him up, how will he ever prove such a thing?

Exactly, even if this had happened then nobody would want to talk and it would have all been cash anyway so impossible to trace.

Just don't even see how it's possible anyway, would have leaked well before now given the number of clubs he's had and the fact that many people hate Warnock anyway.