Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prediction: he'll be on his way

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
OK, wishful thinking more than confident prediction -

But enough is enough. Can any of Pardew's apologists give us even half a reason why he should be left in charge for another single game?

I would expect the board to agree terms of severance before the Plymouth game. I've felt in recent weeks just about the only reason left for keeping him was 'we can’t afford to get rid'. Well, now we simply can't afford NOT to pay him off. If he stays the likelihood is we will be relegated. Simple as that.

He talked about us being a side ''in recovery''. Well last time I looked the dictionary said 'recovery' means getting better. Is there a single person left who honestly believes the patient is going to improve until Dr Doom goes?

He took over a Premiership side (albeit a sick one) - but we are now on our death bed in the bottom three of the championship. Surely not even Dowie or Uncle Les could have reduced CAFC this low?

He's taken a not-great-but-OK-ish squad of players and turned them into a hopeless, clueless bunch of frightened, under-achieving lumps who can't defend (esp. at set pieces), can't shoot , can't pass and can't compete.

To use one of AP's own recent words, this is the most DYSFUNCTIONAL Charlton side I've seen in 30 years, since we were relegated to the old div three in 79-80.

He has to go and he has to go now. If he won't resign, then we have to do a deal and tell him he leaves now but he'll have to wait for his money until January after we've sold ZiZi.

High price to pay, but needs must. 42 league games without back-to-back wins ? There's a terminal virus eating away at this team while he remains manager. And his post-match comments today are the most risible he's yet come up with - totally detatched from any sense of reality .

I really can't see why he should be allowed even to take another training session next week.

Comments

• Options
    sorry Nigel i said 18 november he would walk pre season. still looks a good bet to me.

Although i think it should be now as well.