Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did anyone on here protest after the match?

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
The commentators were saying that Charlton fans were protesting. Were there any after-match protests?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I'm watching X Factor and not Strictly.

Very few were left at the end apparently to even boo.
  • Options
    I was at St Pancras by then, so no.
  • Options
    The Snooze Shopper says yes.

(I could go and have a look, but it's raining and I'm off to see the Bond fillum.)
  • Options
    Yep, at about the time the match was finishing I put my feet up on the train seat. Must've been around Slade Green by then.
  • Options
    there were about a dozen outside the main entrance chanting "Pardew out" when i left the ground 10 mins after the final whistle.

Stewards were running down the stairs thinking there might be a problem but started walking when they saw such a small group.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Best thing today--left early caught the delayed Cannon street train to London Bridge got the connecting train to Petts Wood straight away. Home by 5.30.
    If only Charlton move as swiftly as that.
  • Options
    As Hardy said dozen at the most one of Soccer AM fame as well

by next home game if things dont improve i think the numbers could be higher
  • Options
    Wanted to but NLJR talked me out of it
  • Options
    I stayed right until the end. There was a lot of booing for the lads when they came off the pitch. I really wanted to boo myself but couldn't. I think I was too annoyed. Only Weaver had the courtesy to applaud the fans who in turn cheered him off. The Barnsley players were still out on the pitch for a few minutes and the North End applauded them off the pitch, who in turn acknowledged the home end. These are dark days ahead!
  • Options
    I think more people protested before the game to be honest......by not turning up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The SLP, lying, well I never
  • Options
    20-30 were outside reception, if the weather hadnt been so appalling there would have been a lot more. Sad times
  • Options
    Small protest outside reception, that then moved to the players entrance/exit. No more than 20 people and that was probably their average age too... chants of 'Pardew out' and 'we want our Charlton back'...

More stewards than protesters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Small protest outside reception, that then moved to the players entrance/exit. No more than 20 people and that was probably their average age too... chants of 'Pardew out' and 'we want our Charlton back'...

More stewards than protesters.

I hope the stewards got soaking wet, the two bob twats!
  • Options
    Stewards getting a bit of stick in more and more threads now

GOOD
  • Options
    The chanting at our own players of 'Shit Shit Shit' as they left the pitch is something i have not heard since we lost at home to Palace reserves in thre Carling Cup.
  • Options
    they wernt wrong though Ketman were they i still after the dross i watched yesterday bring myself to do it, but i can not criticise any that did
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The chanting at our own players of 'Shit Shit Shit' as they left the pitch is something i have not heard since we lost at home to Palace reserves in thre Carling Cup.
    Wasn't it done at the Wycombe cup match too?
  • Options
    That was "youre not fit to wear the shirt"
  • Options
    ah, yes, I remember now....along with chants of "Super Alan Pardew"!

Whatever happened to that guy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well it might have only been 30 yesterday, mainly because the vast majority of us would hope that the right thing will be done without any need for that.

But if it doesn't happen soon, then there will be a hell of a lot more than 30 next time.
  • Options
    i am thinking the same, i would have gone yesterday had nljr not been in such a mood to get home but if i dont bring him to the next one i will be out there all night if i had to be
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Well it might have only been 30 yesterday, mainly because the vast majority of us would hope that the right thing will be done without any need for that.

But if it doesn't happen soon, then there will be a hell of a lot more than 30 next time.

IF he's still with us, if we lose at Plymouth and Brum, I'll be there for definate after the Sheff Utd game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Well it might have only been 30 yesterday, mainly because the vast majority of us would hope that the right thing will be done without any need for that.

If the weather was not so bad y/day, then a few more would have been there. Just hope he's gone before we play Sheff U, cause the longer he is there, the deeper we will get.